Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 fisheye is a sharp full frame (180-degree diagonal angle of view) fisheye, originally made for Micro Four Thirds (M43) system. It requires 5–6 shots around plus top and bottom shots to complete a spherical panorama. It is found that when adapted to a camera with APS-C (larger) sensor, it will give a 180 degree coverage along the width of image sensor with high sensor area utilization and high image quality. Only 4 shots around are necessary to complete a spherical panorama. It is very small and light-weight. Together with a matching pano head such as Nodal Ninja R1 and R10, it is the ideal portable set up for making quick single row spherical panorama.
Due to small differences in flange distances between M43 and target cameras, a good adapter is not possible. Besides, the original lens hood will also need to be "shaved" to remove blockage of the lens angle of view. In the spirit of "We Try Harder", Fanotec offers an easy to use complete conversion tool kit for Canon EF-M Mount.
This kit includes:
- Samyang 7.5mm replacement mount (Canon EF-M Mount) with rear cap
- Replacement hood with removal tool
- LF-3 lens foot and LRP35S lens plate with lens release lever
- Assorted tools for easy conversion
The replacement mount allows the lens foot to be installed at positions so that the camera sensor is either portrait, landscape or with diagonal aligned vertically.
* When the lens plate is installed at the left of the lens mount (recommended position for use on R1/10/20), the lens release button is blocked. LRP35S lens plate with lens release lever is made to solve this issue.