Canon 8 - 15mm lens set up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 8 - 15mm lens set up.

Here is my set up. I usually put this on a monopod and use the electronic level in the camera to position and take 4 shots 90 degrees apart. Lens at 8mm.The stage is therefore at zero degrees. The stage reads 40 - the max. possible and does eradicate parallax, but this looks precarious. Am I doing something wrong ? Thanks for any advice.
    Correct set up ?

Thanks for the share and no worries ! If you have tighten correctly the R1 it's fine and will hold safely (the Arca clamp like these are very robust and efficient !) ;)
    Retired Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com

Comment

http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Canon_8-...oParallaxPoint

Your setting does not look right. the NPP should be directly above the rotator center.

You can try this setting on full frame camera.
      NPP for 4 around at
      12mm & +5° tilt
      Lens Ring plate reading 1.35

Nick
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

Comment

I believe the optimum focal length for sharpest results is 12mm on that lens. Worth noting the no-parallax point (NPP) changes as you change the focal length.
        Nodal Ninja - "turning heads"

Comment

It doesn't look right, I use this method (see video link) when I setup my panoramaheads. I have both the NN R1 and NN6 with Canon EF 8-15mm Fisheye.

Here's my settings for Canon EOS 7D Mark II (APS-C) with EF 8-15mm Fisheye (at 8mm).

Click image for larger version  Name:	NNR1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	142.3 KB ID:	29915

Edit: Below is my setting for my Canon EOS RP (Full-Frame) at 12mm:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	EOS-RP-12mm-NNR1.jpg Views:	3 Size:	101.8 KB ID:	29922 Click image for larger version  Name:	NNR1-Setting-FF-12mm.jpg Views:	1 Size:	108.4 KB ID:	29920
          Attached Files

Last edited by RMeijer; March 29th, 2019, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X