Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will M2 work with a Nikon D850 with the battery pack installed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will M2 work with a Nikon D850 with the battery pack installed?

I've recently purchased the M2 W/RD8-II rotator setup but I haven't had the time to set it up and try it out. But I have toyed with it a little and have doubts as to whether I can use my Nikon D850 with a battery pack installed with the M2. It seems as if there won't be enough "space" to center the lens over the rotator without uninstalling the battery pack. So, the question is, will the M2 setup work with a Nikon D850 with battery pack installed, and if not, is there a workaround so I don't have to uninstall the battery pack? I appreciate the help and comments. Thanks

Okay, either the Nodal Ninja forum is not very active or maybe no one has the combination of camera, battery pack, and panoramic setup about which I enquire? But surely someone in management would have the answer? Anyone?

Comment

Hi pwkirk,
      Firstly welcome to the forum.
      Not all members are subscribed to receiving a notification when a new thread has been posted. And those that are may wait to see if some with more experience would answer.
      Anyway - in answer to your question the M2 will certainly allow the use of the D850. Please post a photo of your setup so we can have a better idea of what's going on.
      thx
      Bill
      Nodal Ninja - "turning heads"

Comment

Thanks for the reply Bill. I will do that.

Comment

The edge oof MFR-210 rail only has to be mounted 10mm beyond the middle of clamp.
          It should have plenty of space for your camera.
          Nick
          Fanotec
          We listen. We try harder.

Comment

My apologies to Bill for not posting a photo as I said I would. I did succeed in setting up the system with the battery pack installed. I also was able to find the entrance pupil and took my first series of images both interior and landscape. Maybe I can find the time to post some examples soon. The Nikon D850 combined with the Zeiss Milvus 35 1.4f (my newest lens) produced fine images.

Comment

Originally posted by pwkirk View Post
              My apologies to Bill for not posting a photo as I said I would. I did succeed in setting up the system with the battery pack installed. I also was able to find the entrance pupil and took my first series of images both interior and landscape. Maybe I can find the time to post some examples soon. The Nikon D850 combined with the Zeiss Milvus 35 1.4f (my newest lens) produced fine images.
              Please share the setting. :-)
              Zeiss Milvus 35 1.4f is a rare lens.
              Fanotec
              We listen. We try harder.

Comment

The settings for the upper rail are 17.5.5; lower rail is 12.8.5. I attached some images of the settings and the mounted camera/lens also.

Comment

Working...
                X