Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use MECHA for HDR? Please share your experience.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use MECHA for HDR? Please share your experience.

Please share usage scenario of various delay functions in MECHA.
    Some users have difficult in using MECHA for HDR bracketings. I am going to make a guide on this. It will be a great help to see how MECHA is used in real life.
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

One instance that we experienced was the timing speed between the bracketed shots, and how to easily set those times up.
    Logistics Manager @ Nodal Ninja

Comment

I'm trying to shoot 3 bracket HDR photos in 4, 90 degree increments for a panorama using a Canon 6D camera. The problem is that the Mecha rotates to the next position while the shutter is still taking the first 3 brackets. What I need is for the Mecha to move on AFTER the brackets are taken. Can you advise what settings I should have to do this and does it require a 3.5 mm 4 pole plug cable connected from the camera to the hot shoe?

Comment

Are you treating image sequence as one trigger and using continuous advance mode? You can simply use a longer exposure delay or use a longer A delay.

Nick
        Fanotec
        We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by cmilson1 View Post
          I'm trying to shoot 3 bracket HDR photos in 4, 90 degree increments for a panorama using a Canon 6D camera. The problem is that the Mecha rotates to the next position while the shutter is still taking the first 3 brackets. What I need is for the Mecha to move on AFTER the brackets are taken. Can you advise what settings I should have to do this and does it require a 3.5 mm 4 pole plug cable connected from the camera to the hot shoe?
          I report my experience with Mecha.
          My gear is a Sony A7rII camera + Sony 24mm F1.4 GM lens. For a complete 360 HDRI dome it takes 3 rows of 12 angles/30 increments (5 brackets at 2ev per angle) plus Zenith and Nadir.
          I set my Mecha with a E timer of 3sec. This is the time that my camera takes to shoot 5ev2 brackets and the write to SD. 3sec is also valid for 5ev3 that i use in some cases.
          I also use other times such as A and B, when i need to set multiple exposure presets.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X