FW update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FW update

I just did an update and the ring shows 01375 where as the info shows 01374... Is this an update issue for the two options??

Is fine, the label in info sometimes remain behind, I'll automatize it, then will not happen again.

Thanks for report it.

Dorin
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. ..

Comment

Dorin: Why did you change the Firmware update procedure at all? Wasn't letting the Mecha do all the stuff alone much more convenient than the current solution?

Comment

I a better and safer way the update works now.
        Please give some feedback: where/when you find the current procedure less convenient?

Dorin
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. ..

Comment

Old way: Mecha starts in STA-mode as always and if new FW is found it was installed automatically, Mecha reboots and is ready to use with hopefully fewer bugs than before.

New way: Have to manually check the Info button each time i start the Mecha, then click on update and most time no update is found. If the Mecha is already connected to the internet it could fetch the information about an available update and show some information. Also this information could be displayed right at the interface and one could select "Update yes/no".

Why is looking manually for an update (that isn't there) the better solution?

Comment

It just avoid some problems (can be) caused by automatic update.
            As I said before, a good practice is to subscribe to the FW update thread and so one can receive a e-mail when an update is released, and proceed to update form then on when it suits one's agenda best.

Thank you for feedback, appreciate it.

Dorin
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. ..

Comment

Originally posted by msimons View Post
              Old way: Mecha starts in STA-mode as always and if new FW is found it was installed automatically, Mecha reboots and is ready to use with hopefully fewer bugs than before.

New way: Have to manually check the Info button each time i start the Mecha, then click on update and most time no update is found. If the Mecha is already connected to the internet it could fetch the information about an available update and show some information. Also this information could be displayed right at the interface and one could select "Update yes/no".

Why is looking manually for an update (that isn't there) the better solution?
              any update may introduce new bug, it is good if you can choose to postpone the update, say you are working on critical job with Mecha. :-)

Nick
              Fanotec
              We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Working...
              X