Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Mecha by hand while ...

Hi,

as you just updated the firmware to B_E_01359 with the option to diable the motor i have some questions:

When the mecha is turned off and i mount it on my tripod i have to twist it a little before pressing the metal knob to decouple the gears. Could this harm the Mecha (Mecha turned off)?

What if Mecha is turned on? When pressing the buttons or shutting the unit down do i apply force to the gears? Could this harm the Mecha (Mecha turned On)?

And: What is the operating temperature and operating humidity?
    Last edited by msimons; February 15th, 2019, 05:57 AM.

For sure Nick will be very kind and answer to this as always.
    I only can tel from my experience for the unit I have, and related to the newest addition to FW.

The knob, when pressed, will secure the threaded hole in such way that the force you apply do not action on gear but on tripod and knob, a bit of twist should be needed for both secure and un-secure the knob, I think this is normal use.

Normal use/press should do no harm to gear, regardless of being turned ON or OFF.

The new added feature could help in more gentle care of the unit, if you take care of it it will last longer. My Canon 350D has 177,299 shots and works like in the first day :)

cheers,
    Dorin
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. ..

Comment

the head will drive a load of 1.25kg at 10 cm pivot for thousands of hours. When the motor is off, it can be turned with smaller force. So no problem.
      the button can be pressed with even smaller torque. I like to use 3 fingers to press the button. Thumb for the button, index and middle fingers on the base of controller for support. Lots of times, yo don't want to screw up the alignment of tripod. As photographers, we should know how to press the shutter button gently not to cause any movement.

What is the operating temperature and operating humidity?
      We don't have any test. It should be like a typical consumer electronic product.
      relative humidity 8 to 90% (non-condensing). temperature 0-40 degree C.
      Motor and controller battery will generate heat during operation. So their internal temperature is higher.
      The battery will cut off at about 60 degree C. After that charging power must be applied to turn it on again.
      Last edited by nick fan; February 15th, 2019, 08:59 PM.
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Hi Nick,

just received my mecha today and while setting it up I encountered that the mecha does not spin freely at all when powered off. (Also I can't access 192.168.8.1 after connecting to mechas wifi)

Is this normal? Or could there possibly be any hardware issue inside?

Thx for getting back,

Phil

Comment

Mecha doesn't spin freely when is powered OFF.

About accessing 192.168.8.1, You should be able to access it. please provide some details, or contact dealer offline to investigate further to see what can be done and find out if is indeed some hardware issue.

1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. ..

Comment

Originally posted by phils View Post
            Hi Nick,

just received my mecha today and while setting it up I encountered that the mecha does not spin freely at all when powered off.
            Is this normal? Or could there possibly be any hardware issue inside?

Phil
            Motor has detent torque and friction. With large gear reduction ratio, you can feel quite a lot of resistance.

Nick
            Fanotec
            We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Working...
            X