No announcement yet.

How to know when charging is complete?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know when charging is complete?

Does the top bar need to be solid green or flashing?

solid green.
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

The top bar on my unit is always flashing while charging. It never reaches solid green while charging. It only shows as solid green after I disconnect the USB cable and check the battery level. How do I get it to show solid green while charging with the USB cable?
      Last edited by dzeek; February 12th, 2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

It is OK, is charged. Mine do the same, sometimes it takes long time to solid top while charging.

cheers,
        Dorin
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. ..

Comment

Originally posted by dzeek View Post
          The top bar on my unit is always flashing while charging. It never reaches solid green while charging. It only shows as solid green after I disconnect the USB cable and check the battery level. How do I get it to show solid green while charging with the USB cable?
          is power indicator light off? when it is off, power supply to motor is off. It should allow the battery to be fully charged. What is the current rating of your charger? Are you using the USB cable we supplied? Charger with <1.5A current will takes much longer to charge. A USB cable not designed for high current fast charging can have large voltage drop which reduces the charging rate.
          Fanotec

Comment

I added in recent FW update battery level in percentage in U.I. Sure, the Wi-Fi should be ON to access the web interface in first place.

It is safe to say that if is over 95% you can consider it charged and use it as good as fully charged.

Depending on cable, charger, Wi-Fi consumption, while charging, the percentage could varies a bit and could be situations when Mecha receives as much power as it consumes so it can stay to 95%+ for long time.

It also can be situation when it shows 100% and top bar is flashing, then is for sure charged, just the internal charging I.C. doesn't stopped the charging process yet.

cheers,
            Dorin.
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. ..

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post

is power indicator light off? when it is off, power supply to motor is off. It should allow the battery to be fully charged. What is the current rating of your charger? Are you using the USB cable we supplied? Charger with <1.5A current will takes much longer to charge. A USB cable not designed for high current fast charging can have large voltage drop which reduces the charging rate.
              Power indicator light was OFF.
              Charger rating is 5V 3A.
              Using USB cable supplied with Mecha.
              Last edited by dzeek; February 13th, 2019, 07:47 AM.

Comment

the last few % can take very long. But it really does not matter much in terms of total run time. It prolongs the lifetime of battery by NOT using 100% charging.
                Fanotec

Comment

OK. Thanks for clarifying!

Comment

In last FW updates you can now use code 231< on Mecha buttons, for both fast charge and lock Mecha.
                    Plug the usb cable, wait a minute or until you hear two beeps, then press [2][3][1][<]
                    Good to know if top bar is solid green sooner now.

After that you just need to unplug the usb cable.

Dorin.
                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. ..

Comment

I will try it and report back.

Comment

I charged with the new fast charge. It seemed to reach full charge with the top bar solid sooner than before. I can't be certain because the charging may have started with the battery at a higher level than before. I'll try to do more testing with and without fast charge starting at the same battery level.

Comment

Thanks, no hurry at all :) you'll notice in time if there are improvements in charging time. It should be.

Dorin
                          1. Mecha it possible.
                          2. Mecha it easy.
                          3. ..

Comment

Working...
                          X