X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, thanks for video, it seems to be an issue when E:0,
    I'll check and release a FW update.

In mean time please set E to 0.25 or 0.01 (via custom) if you want to be very small.

Dorin
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. ..

MECHApapers in HD and 4K
    Get MECHA Panorama

Comment

It Is fixed in 01380, please click on page title (Ring or Row) at top, then click on [Update] to update the FW to 01380

Dorin
      1. Mecha it possible.
      2. Mecha it easy.
      3. ..

MECHApapers in HD and 4K
      Get MECHA Panorama

Comment

Hi Dorin,

Updated but by by the life of me I can't get back into Mecha E1. Tried using the iP number on the router as well as setting it back to AP using button 1 :-(

Finally after trying several reboots finally got a stable connection on the Samsung S8.

Any idea why browsing to the IP for Mecha in router didn't work?

Tony

Comment

Hi Dorin,

Bracketing timers A & B are working now. Thanks for the update.

cheers,

Tony

Comment

Could be difficult to investigate it remotely, however for this kind of situations I provided a way to find Mecha if is lost in the network.

It might look discouraging but is not really complicated.

Press the buttons of Mecha when is idle, after the boot-up, say one minute after, when it doesn't rotate nor do anything else.

-----8<------------------------------------------

If code 323< is entered using MECHA's buttons [3][2][3][<]
            the entire IP address is shown on LED like '192.168.0.100'
            If code 321< is entered using MECHA's buttons [3][2][1][<]
            only the last number of IP address is shown on LED starting with dot, like '.100'
            If 'AAA' is shown, MECHA is in AP mode and the IP address is 192.168.8.1
            If '!!!' is shown, Wi-Fi is OFF.
            If either '.0' or '0.0.0.0' is shown, MECHA isn't in AP mode nor have an IP assigned.
            In which case, a re-start, then [1] pressed 3 second at -=-=-=
            will enable AP mode and will allow to access the web interface through 192.168.8.1
            The conventions for symbols on LEDs are as follows:

Click image for larger version  Name:	codes.png Views:	2 Size:	2.5 KB ID:	30151
            ---8<-----------------------------------

Dorin
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. ..

MECHApapers in HD and 4K
            Get MECHA Panorama

Comment

Hi,

Making more progress, learning and gaining an understanding of the Mecha and it's interface. Connected via wifi working.

Where can I find out information about the use and purpose behind the button sets Load, Load 1, Load 2, Load 3 and Save, Save 1, Save 2, Save 3?

cheers,

Tony

Comment

Hi,

[Save 1], .. [Save 3] will save the current settings as button presets [1]..[3] (the actual buttons of Mecha)
                After that, say, if you press [1] then [<] or [>] will execute preset 1 to left or right.
                E.g, if you want to assign 4 shots around 3 brackets with desired delays to button [1] of Mecha, change the settings accordingly then click on [Save 1]
                You'll not need web interface to execute 4 shots around , start Mecha, after boot, press [1] and [<] to execute to 4 shoots around to left.
                The [Load 1] .. [Load 3] will load the settings saved to buttons [1]..[3] , e.g. for change/edit them, and
                [Save] and [Load] will save/load the settings for that page in U.I. Next time you open "Ring" or "Row" you'll have those settings selected.

Dorin
                1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.
                3. ..

MECHApapers in HD and 4K
                Get MECHA Panorama

Comment

How to work with a turntable?

I want to play with a turntable rotated by the Mecha. But if the Mecha rotates with the turntable i need a very long cable to the camera because the camera itself is mounted half a meter away. Or could i mount the Mecha upside down instead so the only part rotating is the turntable?

How did you setup the turntable in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2szvmp8inpc

Comment

Yes, I used MECHA mounted upside-down in that video. Only the turntable was rotating,

Another way I'm using for shooting jewelry on turntable is to clamp a small turntable on top on R1, instead of the lens ring,
                    in which case MECHA is in normal position and rotates as usual.

Dorin
                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. ..

MECHApapers in HD and 4K
                    Get MECHA Panorama

Comment

By another way, I meant this:

Dorin
                      1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. ..

MECHApapers in HD and 4K
                      Get MECHA Panorama

Comment

Thanks Dorin! Wasn't Nick saying somewhere that the Mecha shouldn't be mounted upside down not to harm the gears?

Comment

I think he meant to not be hung upside down ( like panos from helicopters and such) when the tension is different, the bearings and gears are pulled apart,
                          if you just turn the MECHA upside-down on a table or tripod, and mount a turntable on it, almost the same compression are on bearings as when is in normal position.

Dorin

1. Mecha it possible.
                          2. Mecha it easy.
                          3. ..

MECHApapers in HD and 4K
                          Get MECHA Panorama

Comment

Can the Nodal Ninja turntable (https://panosociety.com/collections/...ject-turntable) be mounted on the Mecha?

Comment

That one was in the old video, however please ask the store if it includes the right screws and adapters for MECHA, if not, sure can be added as extra.

Dorin
                              1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. ..

MECHApapers in HD and 4K
                              Get MECHA Panorama

Comment

I'm trying to shoot 3 bracket HDR photos in 4, 90 degree increments for a panorama using a Canon 6D camera. The problem is that the Mecha rotates to the next position while the shutter is still taking the first 3 brackets. What I need is for the Mecha to move on AFTER the brackets are taken. Can you advise what settings I should have to do this? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X