This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To .. ?

Please ask here if you want to do a particular task with Mecha, a task which you read it has support for and you don't know to do it.

I'll do my best to answer here in simple explanations and even adding some media when needed.
    Two requirements I ask you kindly consider:
    1) please let this channel open for only this
    2) try to update the FW first, features are added, some have a "support" transition before they will have dedicated controls in interface. No benefit to give solutions for older FW except when is no other way.

If the task is possible in latest FW update then a guidance will be given for sure.

cheers,
    Dorin
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. ..

is it possible to rotate mecha continouusly ( without any stops )
    and with RPM of my choice ?

Comment

Yes, you can use in Row page custom values or selected from list, for both degrees and/or RPM then click on [1 x Left] or [1 x Right] if you don't take photos you can enter 0 for number of shoots.
      You can also use the new gestures newly added for continuous moves.

Please ask for more info for a particular scenario if you need more guidance.

cheers,
      Dorin
      1. Mecha it possible.
      2. Mecha it easy.
      3. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
        B_E_01370 is published.

Added shutter confirmation delay. If the exposure pause is at least 0.25 s, the pause will be extended if there is shutter open signal coming from camera.
        An additional cable from camera connected to AUX port of Mecha is required.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shutter_delay.png
Views:	2
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	29782
        Which cable? Where to connect on the camera? Can i find this information in the manual you wrote in last week?

Comment

Sorry, I have not much info about what cables are delivered with Mecha, maybe someone will be kind to provide the info.

Not sure I understand this question
          "Can i find this information in the manual you wrote in last week? "
          issue of no importance, just that I'm a bit puzzled :)

Dorin
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. ..

Comment

Sorry Dorin. You announced an update that shutter confirmation is now supported and that's it?! No explanation how to use that? No link to your manual you promised to work on? The software is getting more complicated with every update. I can't recommend the Mecha to other photographers...
            Last edited by msimons; March 11th, 2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Depending on camera could be a way to connect to the AUX port of Mecha a cable from either hot-shoe adapter or from a camera port.
              the Mecha AUX port is green, on my unit and may be labeled as AUX. it accepts a 3.5 mm 4 pole plug, I don't know what connector is on the other end for your camera, nor I have the info about which camera is.

Once that cable is plugged both in Mecha and camera, Mecha will extend the delay if there is a signal coming from camera telling that the shutter is open.
              The only need is to select at least 0.25 sec. as in the image you posted.

About manual, is due to work more on it after shutter confirmation is supported, that makes it from tomorrow on, sorry for the confusion.

Dorin

L.E.
              There is a HOTSHOE * selector in NN Store.

https://shop.nodalninja.com/mecha-e1...roller-f9905b/

The cable you have could depend on what you selected when ordered Mecha, just a thought.
              1. Mecha it possible.
              2. Mecha it easy.
              3. ..

Comment

A 3.5mm pc sync cable is included in your Mecha. Attach it to your camera if it has a pc sync port. Otherwise use the hotshoe adapter included.
                Connect the other end to AUX port.
                Nick
                Fanotec
                We listen. We try harder.

Comment

I am concerned about backlash and how to minimize it. This is a very serious issue for photography in windy conditions.
                  Nick said under an early video that gear backlash is around 3.5 degrees. I can see and feel something like that when Mecha is powered.
                  Does the f/w 'backlash adjustment' actually reduce that?
                  Should I adjust the friction band? If so, how and to what criteria?

For future consideration: A spring-loaded worm gear, with the worm driven by belts, can reduce backlash to very low levels -- drives for small astronomical telescopes often use that system.

Comment

WiFi issue (f/w B_E_01375): connected to LAN; turn off WiFi, after 10 sec or so it reconnects to LAN.

Comment

Hi Thomas,

Backlash should be less than 2 degrees. Compensation in software only increase repeatability when forward and backward motion is involved.
                      To reduce risk of movement due to vibration/ winds, adjust the spring loaded friction ring using a 2mm hex key. The optimal friction should allow you to move the head with a gentle force of fingers while resist to winds which normally does not exert great force for small surface area of rig. Too tighten a friction will increase power consumption and wearing of friction ring.

Nick
                      Fanotec

Comment

Please publish a basic manual for E1
                        Last edited by DorinDXN; June 16th, 2019, 12:45 AM. Reason: Fixed the case

Comment

Sorry for the manual missing.

Things will change in better. We have the manual in development made by someone with great experience, proved in other NN manuals before.
                          So will be no longer the case for me taking the time from developing to do manuals and/in correct English.
                          I can focus now entirely on E1 and the next boards in developing.

I can't wait to have the time to use them, like you, at full potential, once they are finished, to do some nice videos as well, as a bonus :)

Dorin
                          1. Mecha it possible.
                          2. Mecha it easy.
                          3. ..

Comment

Hi, I've just unpacked my Mecha and after reading these forum posts and trying to get this thing to work I'm so frustrated. I've tried to follow instructions on how to upgrade the firmware but nothing works. There are conflicting instructions referring to controls that aren't visible on my system. I'm currently showing a Firmware version of 01376. Does anyone have simple to follow, step-by-step instructions that work? I have a Samsung S8 phone, access to a iPhone, I have an iPad Air, iMac and a router connected to the NBN. Tony

Comment

Hi Amoscowdog,
                              Have you managed connecting to 192.168.8.1? Enter 192.168.8.1/new in browser address bar. Click on [Update] button and click ok to activate update.
                              Have you managed setting up a hotspot at your S8.
                              https://devices.vodafone.com.au/sams...wi-fi-hotspot/
                              If you can do the above, the easiest is to use an iphone/ ipad to connect to 192.168.8.1/row, find and tap on [Connect to Wi-Fi] button, enter the network name of your hotspot on S8 and enter the password. MECHA should connect to S8. You will lose connection in iphone/ ipad. MECHA will connect to server and download updates. MECHA LEDs will flash from top to bottom and give out a series of beeps when update is finished. MECHA will try to connect to the S8 hotspot again. In your S8 hotspot setting, you can see the client name and ip assigned to the MECHA, something like 192.168.43.x. Enter this IP in S8 browser to connect to MECHA. Webpage 192.168.43.x/new should be loaded to show you the changes. If you turn off the hotspot, MECHA will return to Access Point mode and be reachable at 192.168.8.1/
                              Let me know if this help.
                              Fanotec

Comment

Working...
                              X