Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedback and Suggestions for the User Interface (UI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tksharpless View Post
    Thanks Nick.
    I would respectfully suggest that the 3-page UI is a bad idea. In the first place it is hard to understand what value it adds. Secondly, it means there is a hidden mode affecting manual control: how do I know which set of 3 presets is active? If you want to have more than 3 presets, you should provide an easy and positive way to select any of them from the panel.
    And you need a real numerical display -- even though I am an old embedded s/w engineer I find the blinking leds intolerable.
    Probably too many functions have been implemented on Controller 1 which was meant to be simple and low cost. This causes all the confusion.
    I think the Ring mode can be safely removed.
    Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post
      I think the Ring mode can be safely removed.
      Now things get weird :-) Ring mode is the only one i need for singlerow panoramas. Row and Turn mode could be removed instead.

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
        Indeed, I received some suggestions to have S1--A3 selection persistent, I said it will be then I drooped the idea as is indeed good for UI to start always with A3 to be visible all the settings, the user can hide the settings according with liking with a single S1--A3 selection.

Dorin
        Best compromise is to have an function to hide the unwanted S1--A3 options.
        Fanotec

Comment

It would be a nice feature if we had an ability to change the name of some of the buttons in the UI. If I had this feature avaiable I would rename custom loads. For example, Load 1 would be Pole1, Load 2 would be HDR, etc.
          Nodal Ninja - "turning heads"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bailey View Post
            It would be a nice feature if we had an ability to change the name of some of the buttons in the UI. If I had this feature avaiable I would rename custom loads. For example, Load 1 would be Pole1, Load 2 would be HDR, etc.
            Right, or, if possible, the possibility to save more then 3 presets, selectable from a list, or moreover, to display the settings of each preset before selecting.

Comment

Will be a possibility to load and save other presets, the Load 1..3 and Save 1..3 are for button presets corresponding to [1]..[3] actual buttons of Mecha.
              1. Mecha it possible.
              2. Mecha it easy.
              3. ..

MECHApapers in HD and 4K
              Get MECHA Panorama

Comment

Hi I'm a new E1 user. Here are some suggestions:
                1. Upgrading the firmware - I think it would be easier for new users to have the option to update the E1 via USB. Setting up the station mode to download the firmware and resetting it to AP mode (by holding down the 1 button) is not intuitive.

2. Interface: instead of WBEA, I think it is easier if the users enter:
                a. number of shots in the bracket
                b. the shutter speed of the normal exposure in the bracket
                c. the exposure interval for the bracket
                d. optional delay between shots
                e. optional sequence. If the user specifies the bracket sequence, then the E1 will wait exactly as long as needed for each shot, instead of waiting for the slowest shutter speed for each shot.

Best regards,
                Mic

Comment

Hi Mic,
                  Welcome to the forum. Always an honor when such an esteemed member of the community joins up.

Thank you for your feedback on the Mecha - much of what you list is already doable but I will defer to Nick and Dorin for better response. It's input from end users like you that help to fine-tune our products. Keep the firmware updated.

And your reviews and tutorials have helped many.
                  http://360rumors.com/?s=Nodal+ninja

thx again
                  Bill

Comment

Oh yes, please change the W,B,E,A-way for bracketing sequences the way Mic described. This would be much easier to understand.

And please also split the interface into a shooting area and a seperate camera or mecha settings area. Some of the Mecha settings are defined once and not needed to change that often.

Comment

Sure, WBEA is just a transition to a more smart way to have delays in sync with camera's exposure, for now it provided the tools to do the job, not in the fastest nor smartest way, for now ..
                      but it made things possible with various cameras with a bit of help from photographer in adjusting the delays.

Custom grouping and show/hiding of the settings is also on to do list, but right now I'm busy with bringing double happiness to MECHA users :)

Dorin
                      1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. ..

MECHApapers in HD and 4K
                      Get MECHA Panorama

Comment

I like the new B_E_01382 update with reduced menu options. Is it possible by default to set up so Mecha turns off in 10 minutes if not used rather than always on?

Comment

Will be in next FW update, default power OFF time at the value last saved by user in one of Ring/Row/Turn pages.

Dorin

1. Mecha it possible.
                          2. Mecha it easy.
                          3. ..

MECHApapers in HD and 4K
                          Get MECHA Panorama

Comment

Hi, i donīt come along with the IU - what is the difference between ring / row / turn ? i simply want to automate my 4 directions (with 3 exposures each) - where an how can i configure this setting ? thanks alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander,

You just use ring mode for symplicity.
                              You will use automatic exposure bracketing and treat the number of shot in MECHA as 1.
                              See this guide
                              Normal article layout.
                              https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bl_5cACXSsgzh6TGReSEw-z15rt72e5v/view?usp=sharing
                              Mind map layout
                              https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sKLLjbx7p2ll729ME_hMXnauGcVIYjdw/view?usp=sharing
                              Last edited by nick fan; 1 week ago.
                              Fanotec

Comment

Row vs Ring

1) 12 vs 7 shots positions presets *
                                2) 13 vs 9 degrees interval presets *
                                3) Speed, Load, uStepping full control ROW only

* custom values can be entered in both.

As Nick suggested, if you not need the differences in control offered ATM by Row, is recommended to use Ring,
                                and is good to start with Ring if you just started in using with MECHA, at least for a while.

these are the differences for now (manual counted)
                                while on 1 and 2 you can enter custom values in both so the range can be extended further

The idea for having Ring and Row is to be
                                1) Ring page for fish-eye lens and using the excellent Ring adapters from Fanotec, available on nodalninja store, for quick & great spherical panos with FE lenses.
                                2) Row page for much longer lens on "L" type panoramic heads like NN3, the support for manual tilting up-down in Row page will add some more features and will increase the difference from Ring and Row, e.g. a random pick, when doing a high res pano with NN3 on MECHA singlle axis controller and have 5 deg interval, you'll have 72 photos on each row, so you have 72 automated shoots then a manual tilt up or down depending on scene.
                                Row page will have support in making the manual tilting less prone to mistakes, and even guide you how much you need to manual tilt and in what direction according with a computed pattern you'll enter before, e.g, for a plain blue sky you can skip a big chunk of rows, by entering the positions/angle where the sky is visible, picture a high res. panorama in a large city plaza near to tall building. the sky can be shoot/added later using a wider lens or "wide" zoom of the same lens used for the rows, or even in post process, however, the tall building will require some narrow shots toward the building only.

Rest assured, the UI is made by an experienced panographer :)

Dorin
                                1. Mecha it possible.
                                2. Mecha it easy.
                                3. ..

MECHApapers in HD and 4K
                                Get MECHA Panorama

Comment

Working...
                                X