X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nick fan
    started a topic MECHA - Feature Wish-lists and Suggestions

MECHA - Feature Wish-lists and Suggestions

It seems that I deleted previous post by mistake. My apology.
    Here is a summary of Feature Wish-lists and Suggestions.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...KLKgLz850/edit

MECHA - Feature Wish-lists and Suggestions
    1. "Pause / Resume" Button
    2. shutter switch duration adjustable to support continuous bracketed shots.
    3. camera wake up delay at beginning of pano
    4. preset execution delay when using a button
    5. post move delay to damp vibration esp on pole.
    6. exposure bracketing shutter delay to support - 0 + / + 0 - orders.
    7. Shutter release confirmation
    8. Execution of preset by wired or wireless remote switch
    9. "Help" page
    10. Customizable UI with user defined functions / buttons
    11. IR remote control from Fanotec
    12. Gesture mode menu giving shooter set-up options
    13. Add an API or Add support for camera control via WiFi.
      It would be useful to have an API available to control the mecha via WiFi or have the Mecha able to control a camera via WiFi. This would enable use of cameras that don't support remote control via USB or IR but do support control via a WiFi API.
    14. Gesture mode top menu with 1 button to start full sequence + number of shots taken number of shots left (ie 3 of 4). Button to accurate single shutter release.
    15. Adding a “Home” button that allows the camera to return to 0 position at any point after stopping the rotation.
      A set “Home” button that allows user to set and store the 0 position.
      A “go to “ position button that allows to input a degree position numerically.
      A “step” buttons they allow user to move the rotator by 1 degree increments in either direction for precise alignment of 0 point.
    16. Have buttons to move MECHA continuously and stop at a position by pressing a button. This will make initial positioning easy.
    17. Show battery level at the web interface.
    Last edited by nick fan; February 3rd, 2019, 11:15 PM.

• nick fan
    replied
    Originally posted by RaffaGa View Post
    Hi.
    It's quite some time that no firmware upgrade has released.
    I'm pretty interested now to features 1, 15 and 16 from first page wishlist.
    When are you planning to release these features?

Thanks
    Raf
    Another major update coming soon. And it did take lots of time.
    For 16, please try the gesture feature. That is exactly what you look for.
    Nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 3 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• RaffaGa
    replied
    Hi.
    It's quite some time that no firmware upgrade has released.
    I'm pretty interested now to features 1, 15 and 16 from first page wishlist.
    When are you planning to release these features?

Thanks
    Raf

Leave a comment:

• jimtron
    replied
    Just did some testing; 1,4,1,1 is working well. Thanks.

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
    It does what you want, the 3 seconds delay is after the entire set of 2 and is not after each shot.

Dorin

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    It does what you want, the 3 seconds delay is after the entire set of 2 and is not after each shot.

Dorin

Leave a comment:

• jimtron
    replied
    Thanks for the response. What I'm looking for is a longish delay (4 seconds) right after the camera stops rotating for each view, but preferably not have that 4 second delay for each bracket shot (entering 4 for B gives me the delay prior to every shot, which I don't need). That's not currently possible, it it?

You can use the After sub-delay when enter the delay in W,B,E,A format (at custom values for delay) like in image where 1,1,1,3 was entered after selecting "custom"

Click image for larger version

Name:	wbea_2.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	30036

That will tell Mecha to wait 3 seconds after each set of 2, the other values for W,B,E are set to 1 in this image but, of course, you can set to 0 or any values you want.

Dorin

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    You can use the After sub-delay when enter the delay in W,B,E,A format (at custom values for delay) like in image where 1,1,1,3 was entered after selecting "custom"

Click image for larger version

Name:	wbea_2.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	30036

That will tell Mecha to wait 3 seconds after each set of 2, the other values for W,B,E are set to 1 in this image but, of course, you can set to 0 or any values you want.

Dorin

Leave a comment:

• jimtron
    replied
    Yes, this works for me, but not perfect...I usually shoot 2 exp. brackets, and don't need the delay before every shot, only once after every move. So #5 would be nice:

5. post move delay to damp vibration esp on pole.

Is the Before sub-delay when enter the delay in W,B,E,A format

A related post here
    https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...9542#post29542

cheers,
    Dorin

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    This feature is WIP and will be added in future FW release.

Dorin

Leave a comment:

• msimons
    replied
    For multirow cylindrical panoramas i'd like to manually determine the needed image angle. I'd like to turn the Mecha while watching the live image and when stopping it should say: "11.5 degrees" ....

Leave a comment:

• nick fan
    replied
    Originally posted by tksharpless View Post
    A simple non-WiFi remote trigger capability would be very welcome. Just to start the loaded sequence, or stop it if running.
    One simple possibility is a f/w mode that monitors the aux port for external switch closure -- shd work with any radio remote.
    Yes, Dorin is working on this feature.

Nick

Leave a comment:

• tksharpless
    replied
    A simple non-WiFi remote trigger capability would be very welcome. Just to start the loaded sequence, or stop it if running.
    One simple possibility is a f/w mode that monitors the aux port for external switch closure -- shd work with any radio remote.

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    I'll make S1-A3 to be saved along default settings with [Save] button in next FW update.
    W,B,E,A are in developing they will have dedicated and more intuitive controls and selections, of course, until then any W,B,E,A values entered at custom are added in the list temporary, and the W,B,E,A values in use are saved with [Save]..[Save 3] buttons, can be different for for each "Save" button, but only one will be saved in list, if is in use..
    I'll make that saved W,B,E,A values to be added in list, more than one even if isn't in use, for quick later use in the next FW as well, though it will require a way to delete them as well if aren't needed anymore.
    Thanks for feedback.

Dorin

Leave a comment:

• msimons
    replied
    Please add 4 individual input fields for W, B, E, A with explanation like the other fields and saving the last entered values.
    B_E_01373 is published.

If "After" delay, in W,B,E,A is a negative value, that delay will be after each exposure/shutter trigger in set.
    Also how to save that the interface always start with another interface than A3? Hitting the Save-Button and restart doesn't work. A3 is always loaded by default.

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    Was solved here
    https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...9742#post29742

Leave a comment:

Working...
X