X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msimons
    replied
    Like my answer in the other thread: No alternation. Just starting up the Mecha and opening the interface. Tried only STA-mode, not AP but this sould be looking the same ...

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    There shouldn't be that custom value field there. I'll investigate to see what can cause that. Was the interface altered in some way?

Dorin

Leave a comment:

• msimons
    replied
    What is thje new "custom value"-field good for?

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    This will be covered in user guide as well, but you can try it if you find easy to understand even now, Mecha offers the possibility for 1 shoot and move on the next position, for wobbling setup this can be more useful if the time until the wobbles settles can vary from position to position,

At some point in time will be a support for vibration sensor attached to AUX port, and an option to wait until the vibration settles, but even until then you can have a laser pointer pointing down attached to, say hot-shoe use, say, [ 1 x RIGHT] only when the laser spot settles, and you can use gesture mode, to left is one position to left, the same for right, and the gesture up is to shoot, you can learn to use it without looking at phone, say looking at laser spot, or camera shadow , so on. You may need to lock the rotation in the browser or phone's settings.

Dorin

Leave a comment:

• jimtron
    replied
    Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post

Is the Before sub-delay when enter the delay in W,B,E,A format

A related post here
    https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...9542#post29542

Dorin

Ah, I see, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    "Why wait is not wait?"

It is wait.

For every number of shots settings, Mecha does the selected shot in set for a number of shoots around and turns,
    then either wait or rewind,

For 1 shoot around the turn is 360 it shot and turns 360 then wait if [wait] is selected.

If [rewind] is selected then it shot and rewind back, except when is only [1 shoot] selected, no point in doing a full turn then rewind
    without waiting*, Mecha is smart to understand that, if [1 shoot] is selected and [wait], Mecha will understand the
    360 turn and wait and will do that, application for turntable and video, please note that the number of shots in a set can be 0, so it can be set 1 shoot around and 0 shoots in a set and wait, then Mecha will only turn 360 with selected speed.

So is possible to save a preset to [3] for only 1 turn 360 with 1 shoots around 0 shoots in set and have it turning left or right while you film the new Mecha with phone for FB and show it to your fiends, without need to use phone to send the command, combined with assorted delay, you can press [3] then [<] after the Wake or Before delay is over it will turn to that direction, besides the use as turntable, just an example, of course, has other applications as well.

Will be covered in user guide. The next feature will be Shutter confirmation.
    After that I'll work exclusively on user guide and the bundled videos.

Dorin

*yet, will be an application for that in the future.

Leave a comment:

• nick fan
    replied
    there is a bug for one shot sequence?
    with "wait" it will make a 360 degree move after image capture.
    with "rewind" it will stay.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    What about feature of optional nadir and/ or zenith shot with custom delays, eg gives 10s to set the camera in nadir position.

Nick

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    Hello John,

Was [rewind] selected or not?

if [rewind] is selected, and there are more than 1 shots, Mecha will make a return back, this is not for reason to be idiotic but to prevent cables from tangling if there are cables attached to, say, a power bank/AC adapter. and/or to go back in initial position for partial panoramas in time-lapse, if needed.
    if [wait] is selected then the full turn will not be done.

if [1 Shots] is selected and [rewind] too, then Mecha will understand that the start position is the same and will not turn, however if the [Wait] is selected Mecha will make a full turn that can be used for "filming" a panorama with slow speed, or when it controls a turntable to turn 1 full turn.

Please ask for fore info about this if needed, Apologize for the user guide being in progress and not available, these and other will be covered in user guide.

Dorin

Leave a comment:

• John Houghton
    replied
    Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post

You can select "custom" and enter 1, then you can use it or save it to a preset.

Dorin
    Correct, though I had already tried that and it didn't work for some reason. However, I confirm that it does now work but with one shortcoming: it does a full 360 superfluous return back to the starting position when it's already there. Idiotic!

John

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    Originally posted by jimtron View Post
    5. post move delay to damp vibration esp on pole.

This means delay is immediately after rotation, before shots are taken at that angle, right? This is something I definitely would like I often shoot on a light stand, for smaller nadir footprint, and need a delay for camera to settle.
    Is the Before sub-delay when enter the delay in W,B,E,A format

A related post here
    https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...9542#post29542

Dorin

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    Originally posted by John Houghton View Post
    The difficulty I have is with the top row of buttons in your screenshot, where it says "1 shots". That's exactly what I want to use, but that selection isn't offered to me. I get "Custom", "2 shots", "3 shots" etc. How come you have the "1 shots" option and I don't?
    You can select "custom" and enter 1, then you can use it or save it to a preset.

Dorin

Leave a comment:

• jimtron
    replied
    5. post move delay to damp vibration esp on pole.

This means delay is immediately after rotation, before shots are taken at that angle, right? This is something I definitely would like I often shoot on a light stand, for smaller nadir footprint, and need a delay for camera to settle.

Leave a comment:

• John Houghton
    replied
    Dorin, Nice to be in touch again, too. The difficulty I have is with the top row of buttons in your screenshot, where it says "1 shots". That's exactly what I want to use, but that selection isn't offered to me. I get "Custom", "2 shots", "3 shots" etc. How come you have the "1 shots" option and I don't?

John

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    Hello John, nice to read you again :)

Yes you can set the presets for buttons at home, then [Save 1].. [Save..3]
    If you have the latest FW you can see in the Info or /new page the codes on top, made mainly for use without phone,

On the field, without phone, you can press [1] then [>] to launch the preset of button 1, saved at home, to right, the same for [1] [<] to left

For a single (set of) shoot, you can set [1 Shots] like in the picture below, and have also [Rewind] selected, then save it with [Save 3] for button 3 preset.

With this scenario you can have, say, preset 1 for a full panorama, and preset 3 for extra (set of) shot, which you can use for nadir, or for extra shot in a particular direction, to, say, have a Double Decker in a single frame, or a tree, or anything which requires an extra shoot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	single_shoot.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	29690

with respect,
    Dorin

Leave a comment:

• John Houghton
    replied
    I would like to be able to set up the Mecha at home, with appropriate settings of buttons 1-3 so that I can operate without the need to use a phone or tablet on site for the most part. This is fine for shooting the main row of shots, but how to take the nadir shot? I lean the tripod over the nadir and steady it with a foot on the rear leg. Holding the head in position with one hand, I need to press a button to take the (bracketed) shots. What I need is an option to effectively shoot 1 shot around and save this on one of the 3 buttons so I can take the nadir shot(s) easily. Or is there already a simple way of doing what I want already? I did try defining a "custom" setting and saving that to a button but that didn't work.

John
    Last edited by John Houghton; February 24th, 2019, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X