This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MECHA - Feature Wish-lists and Suggestions

It seems that I deleted previous post by mistake. My apology.
    Here is a summary of Feature Wish-lists and Suggestions.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...KLKgLz850/edit

MECHA - Feature Wish-lists and Suggestions
    1. "Pause / Resume" Button
    2. shutter switch duration adjustable to support continuous bracketed shots.
    3. camera wake up delay at beginning of pano
    4. preset execution delay when using a button
    5. post move delay to damp vibration esp on pole.
    6. exposure bracketing shutter delay to support - 0 + / + 0 - orders.
    7. Shutter release confirmation
    8. Execution of preset by wired or wireless remote switch
    9. "Help" page
    10. Customizable UI with user defined functions / buttons
    11. IR remote control from Fanotec
    12. Gesture mode menu giving shooter set-up options
    13. Add an API or Add support for camera control via WiFi.
      It would be useful to have an API available to control the mecha via WiFi or have the Mecha able to control a camera via WiFi. This would enable use of cameras that don't support remote control via USB or IR but do support control via a WiFi API.
    14. Gesture mode top menu with 1 button to start full sequence + number of shots taken number of shots left (ie 3 of 4). Button to accurate single shutter release.
    15. Adding a “Home” button that allows the camera to return to 0 position at any point after stopping the rotation.
      A set “Home” button that allows user to set and store the 0 position.
      A “go to “ position button that allows to input a degree position numerically.
      A “step” buttons they allow user to move the rotator by 1 degree increments in either direction for precise alignment of 0 point.
    16. Have buttons to move MECHA continuously and stop at a position by pressing a button. This will make initial positioning easy.
    17. Show battery level at the web interface.
    Last edited by nick fan; February 3rd, 2019, 11:15 PM.
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

A few minor requests from an iPhone user::

Please add an iOS Home Screen Icon.... Yes it can be the Nodal Ninja logo :)
    Please also add a fullscreen code, so the Home Screen button will launch the webapp fullscreen.
    www.littleplanet.be | 360˚imagery

Comment

https://www.howtogeek.com/196087/
      This should work. Let me know if not.
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

Comment

It does work. What I was referring to is that when you currently add it as an app button to iOS, the app icon is blank. Additionally, by adding the correct meta tag, we could launch the web interface fullscreen from that app button.
        https://developer.apple.com/library/...lications.html
        www.littleplanet.be | 360˚imagery

Comment

I understand what you suggested, Thank you, was noted.

BTW, all the good suggestions will be implemented at some point in time, if possible, some are already in work but not visible yet, for some just need a bit of time to sync with other features, that require some time from my part to make the room and adjustments the code and to see if is possible, also this time can be useful for users to discover, explore and master the current features.

cheers,
          Dorin
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. ..

Comment

How can i define how much time the Mecha should wait after each turn before shooting the image?

Comment

Is the Before sub-delay when enter the delay in W,B,E,A format

A related post here
              https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...9542#post29542

cheers,
              Dorin
              1. Mecha it possible.
              2. Mecha it easy.
              3. ..

Comment

I would like to be able to set up the Mecha at home, with appropriate settings of buttons 1-3 so that I can operate without the need to use a phone or tablet on site for the most part. This is fine for shooting the main row of shots, but how to take the nadir shot? I lean the tripod over the nadir and steady it with a foot on the rear leg. Holding the head in position with one hand, I need to press a button to take the (bracketed) shots. What I need is an option to effectively shoot 1 shot around and save this on one of the 3 buttons so I can take the nadir shot(s) easily. Or is there already a simple way of doing what I want already? I did try defining a "custom" setting and saving that to a button but that didn't work.

John
                Last edited by John Houghton; February 24th, 2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Hello John, nice to read you again :)

Yes you can set the presets for buttons at home, then [Save 1].. [Save..3]
                  If you have the latest FW you can see in the Info or /new page the codes on top, made mainly for use without phone,

On the field, without phone, you can press [1] then [>] to launch the preset of button 1, saved at home, to right, the same for [1] [<] to left

For a single (set of) shoot, you can set [1 Shots] like in the picture below, and have also [Rewind] selected, then save it with [Save 3] for button 3 preset.

With this scenario you can have, say, preset 1 for a full panorama, and preset 3 for extra (set of) shot, which you can use for nadir, or for extra shot in a particular direction, to, say, have a Double Decker in a single frame, or a tree, or anything which requires an extra shoot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	single_shoot.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	29690

with respect,
                  Dorin
                  1. Mecha it possible.
                  2. Mecha it easy.
                  3. ..

Comment

Dorin, Nice to be in touch again, too. The difficulty I have is with the top row of buttons in your screenshot, where it says "1 shots". That's exactly what I want to use, but that selection isn't offered to me. I get "Custom", "2 shots", "3 shots" etc. How come you have the "1 shots" option and I don't?

John

Comment

This means delay is immediately after rotation, before shots are taken at that angle, right? This is something I definitely would like I often shoot on a light stand, for smaller nadir footprint, and need a delay for camera to settle.

Comment

Originally posted by John Houghton View Post
                        The difficulty I have is with the top row of buttons in your screenshot, where it says "1 shots". That's exactly what I want to use, but that selection isn't offered to me. I get "Custom", "2 shots", "3 shots" etc. How come you have the "1 shots" option and I don't?
                        You can select "custom" and enter 1, then you can use it or save it to a preset.

Dorin
                        1. Mecha it possible.
                        2. Mecha it easy.
                        3. ..

Comment

Originally posted by jimtron View Post

This means delay is immediately after rotation, before shots are taken at that angle, right? This is something I definitely would like I often shoot on a light stand, for smaller nadir footprint, and need a delay for camera to settle.
                          Is the Before sub-delay when enter the delay in W,B,E,A format

A related post here
                          https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...9542#post29542

Dorin
                          1. Mecha it possible.
                          2. Mecha it easy.
                          3. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post

You can select "custom" and enter 1, then you can use it or save it to a preset.

Dorin
                            Correct, though I had already tried that and it didn't work for some reason. However, I confirm that it does now work but with one shortcoming: it does a full 360 superfluous return back to the starting position when it's already there. Idiotic!

John

Comment

Hello John,

Was [rewind] selected or not?

if [rewind] is selected, and there are more than 1 shots, Mecha will make a return back, this is not for reason to be idiotic but to prevent cables from tangling if there are cables attached to, say, a power bank/AC adapter. and/or to go back in initial position for partial panoramas in time-lapse, if needed.
                              if [wait] is selected then the full turn will not be done.

if [1 Shots] is selected and [rewind] too, then Mecha will understand that the start position is the same and will not turn, however if the [Wait] is selected Mecha will make a full turn that can be used for "filming" a panorama with slow speed, or when it controls a turntable to turn 1 full turn.

Please ask for fore info about this if needed, Apologize for the user guide being in progress and not available, these and other will be covered in user guide.

Dorin
                              1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. ..

Comment

Working...
                              X