API for Mecha

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API for Mecha

Is there an API available to control the mecha via WiFi? This would enable use of cameras that don't support remote control via USB or IR but do support control via a WiFi API. The mecha and a remote control app could be connected as clients to the camera's WiFi Access Point. The remote control app could send commands to the camera to control shooting and send commands to the mecha to control its corresponding movements.

Mecha has only a web interface ATM, depending on Wi-Fi camera, the control via Wi-Fi of both Mecha and camera might be possible.
    Perhaps in future I'll cover a such case for a particular camera as a reference point for other Wi-Fi cameras.

cheers,
    Dorin
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. ..

Comment

Originally posted by dzeek View Post
      Is there an API available to control the mecha via WiFi? This would enable use of cameras that don't support remote control via USB or IR but do support control via a WiFi API. The mecha and a remote control app could be connected as clients to the camera's WiFi Access Point. The remote control app could send commands to the camera to control shooting and send commands to the mecha to control its corresponding movements.
      this will require collaboration with remote app too. The official app from camera manufacturer is not likely to support MECHA.
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
        Mecha has only a web interface ATM, depending on Wi-Fi camera, the control via Wi-Fi of both Mecha and camera might be possible.
        Perhaps in future I'll cover a such case for a particular camera as a reference point for other Wi-Fi cameras.

cheers,
        Dorin
        I have a camera (actually a stereo pair of ZCAM E1s) that I would be interested in using via WiFi. Perhaps this could be the reference.

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post

this will require collaboration with remote app too. The official app from camera manufacturer is not likely to support MECHA.
          It could also be done via a third party app.

Comment

I added this to the MECHA - Feature Wish-lists and Suggestions.

https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...gestions/page2

Comment

Working...
            X