• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kylegmd
    started a topic Meca not upgrading to latest FW release

Meca not upgrading to latest FW release

Here is what I am doing..
    1. on iphone, change to settings and change the wifi setting to Mecha-XXXXX (my mecha adress
    2. Start firfox browser and the iphone displays 192.168.8.1/ring and the remote screen access appears
    3. 192.168.8.1/_new displays 01321 is loaded.
    4. what do I do from here....following the "update FW" instructions do not load new FW additions
    5. What am I doing wrong??

• DorinDXN
    replied
    Starting with B_E_01369 there are some changes, and some new ways to update,
    please see here
    https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...9703#post29703

Dorin

Leave a comment:

• Peter LP
    replied
    Thanks, now it worked!

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    The update service was in maintenance. Please try again. Sorry for any inconvenience.

cheers,
    Dorin

Leave a comment:

• Peter LP
    replied
    I'm also still stuck at the B_E_01321 firmware. I tried all steps above many times in the last few hours, but my device firmware is not updating. I connected the Mecha to my local wifi network, and also tried by setting up a shared M-XXXXXX Wi-Fi network on my MacBook Pro as explained in the initial posts, just to be sure. All networks gave me internet access on my iPhoneX, and I could connect to the web interface of the Mecha, both /ring and /_new. I rebooted the Mecha via the web interface, and manually via its power button, waited a few minutes, rebooted again, but the firmware stays at B_E_01321.
    What kind of led animation am I looking for during the update? Is there a certain sequence during download/install I can look for? At the moment I'm clueless, as I'm sure the Mecha should have internet access, just as my iPhone. Is there a way to test if the firmware server is accessible?

Cheers, Peter

Leave a comment:

• nick fan
    replied
    Originally posted by kylegmd View Post
    SUCCESS!!! Changing the SSID name to M-XXXXXX(my address) on my Maxbook Pro worked. My Iphone now shows B_E_01339 when using 192.168.8.1/_new...The Meca lights sequence was different when actually loading the FW.

To update the FW, one must do the MECHA pressing 3 for 2 seconds to get the unit to update to the latest FW update every time the Meca is used? How frequently is it necessary to update FM? Must the Macbook be onlone every time a update is made?
    ALso, I thought the FW version was to be displayed on the remove control software...I dont see that on the Iphone screen anywhere??
    Now you successfully connect MECHA to a HOTSPOT you created. You can also try connecting to hotspot manually.
    https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...rface-of-mecha
    It does not matter what the SSID of the hotspot or password. Check if your mobile plan support wifi tethering. It is better to keep connected to internet while controlling MECHA. You won't miss any message or tweet. Also MECHA should be able to connect to a wireless router. Play with it. It may not work for hotel wifi which needs user agreement of rules.

Nick

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    If you keep the current settings the rule above applies:

1) When on MAC Internet sharing is ON and you start MECHA it will perform update if available.
    or
    2) If Internet sharing is OFF on MAC and you start MECHA you can use it as before 192.168.8.1

No need to press buttons unless you see that an update isn't performed when it should.

The FW version is near to Row or Ring title in web interface, or in /_new

Could be some updates now more often for a while if bugs arises, then will be only if new features are added.

You'll see here
    https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...on-and-changes
    and subscribing to that thread might help in knowing as soon as FW is released.

cheers,
    Dorin

Leave a comment:

• kylegmd
    replied
    SUCCESS!!! Changing the SSID name to M-XXXXXX(my address) on my Maxbook Pro worked. My Iphone now shows B_E_01339 when using 192.168.8.1/_new...The Meca lights sequence was different when actually loading the FW.

To update the FW, one must do the MECHA pressing 3 for 2 seconds to get the unit to update to the latest FW update every time the Meca is used? How frequently is it necessary to update FM? Must the Macbook be onlone every time a update is made?
    ALso, I thought the FW version was to be displayed on the remove control software...I dont see that on the Iphone screen anywhere??

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    Congrats! You just updated.

Now the rule is:
    1) When on MAC Internet sharing is ON and you start MECHA it will perform update if available.

or

2) If Internet sharing is OFF on MAC and you start MECHA you can use it as before 192.168.8.1

cheers,
    Dorin

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    As shown, In video you should enter M-XXXXXX for SSID not MECHA-XXXXXX
    Please repeat the steps in video using M-XXXXXX instead of MECHA-XXXXXX.

cheers,
    Dorin

Leave a comment:

• kylegmd
    replied
    I have used the mac and updated as indicated in the video, I was able to browse the internet after changing the setting for wifi to Mecha-xxxxxx(my address).
    On my IPhone, I put in 192.168.8.1/_new and it came up with the list of updates, at the top it says "MECHA updated to B_E_01321.
    So now what?? My unit is either being updated correctly and the update is not showing correctly or it is just not being updated.?? Not sure which.
    The Mecha seems to be working ok, I can scan lett and right and the shutter releases at each of the 6 stops with the current FW version (01321)..
    Where/what do I do next to get updated??

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    If you have MAC and you've done as shown in video, now you ca see from your iPhone, the M-123ABC network available (where 123ABC is your MECHA ID)

So, in web interface, you see MECHA-123ABC in top left and you just set on MAC an hot-spot/WiFi with name M-123ABC and password 12345678.

Forget about MECHA for a little while, turn it off by pressing power button for 3 seconds.

If you can connect to M-123ABC Wi-Fi with password 12345678 from iPhone, when MAC is ON, MECHA is OFF and you can browse here from iPhone,
    then you have correctly shared and created the hot-spot for Mecha update. If not, please re-do the steps from video, until you can browse from iPhone connected to M-123ABC.

The password should be exactly 12345678 i.e. is the actual password used by Mecha when tries to connect to Wi-Fi with name M-(mecha_id) after you press [3] for 3 seconds at - = - = - = - = - =

After you successfully browse to Internet, start Mecha and keep [3] pressed for 3 seconds when LEDs shows -=-=-=-= like in video, then wait. for 2 minutes.

cheers,
    Dorin

Leave a comment:

• kylegmd
    replied
    Thanks for the video. I have done exactly as your video shows, entry for entry.on my Macbook pro. Every thing worked exactly as you showed in the video. . I then take my Iphone (new Iphone 10s) with wifi sharing turned on and change the wifi setting to show my Mecha address. Then use the Iphone to access 198.168.8.1 and the remote access control panel comes up. When putting in 192.168.8.1/_new, it still shows 01321. The Mecha appears to show an update occurred, taking in consideration of the sequence of lights which appear to be loading something., is it possible the Iphone program I am using is not operating correctly??

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    After you connected and LEDs stops scanning (max 1 minute) click on [Reboot] and wait without pressing any buttons on MECHA

Here is a video featuring another way I told, in the case of an iMAC having Internet from Ethernet cable.
    I guess it could be a reference point for MAC users, regardless of OS version.

cheers,
    Dorin

Leave a comment:

• nick fan
    replied
    It seems you are not familiar with wifi sharing on your iphone or computers. Please google for your devices and make a test first.
    eg to test wifi sharing from computers, turn off the modem on your phone/ tablet and use wifi to connect to the network you just created. Can you get to the internet?
    You can also test between phone and tablet. Turn off the modem of tablet, connect to network created by phone. Can you get to the internet?
    if you can get to the internet, then login to 192.168.8.1 of MECHA-XXXXXX and use

enter the network name and password of the network you shared.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X