Meca not upgrading to latest FW release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msimons View Post

How (on the iPhone) to determine the IP of a device connected to iPhones Personal hotspot? The damn phone only shows "-1- active connection" what is barely helpful ...
    iPhone/iPad hotspot/Wi-Fi tethering usually assigns IP of 172.20.10.x, where x can be 2-14.
    [3][2][1] [<] will show the x value quickly.
    Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Well, I have tried everything to get the Mecha to FW upgrade and the new command keeps showing 01321. I have tried two different remote devices (iphone6s,Galazy Tab). both will connect to the controller Mecha-xxxxxx (where xxxxxx is my id). I have tried all the options that have been suggested but nothing seems to update the Mecha. When setting up a hotspot, I am never asked for the password so am thinking that my verizon account does not have wifi calling enabled. Outside of that, wondering if my unit may be defective...just a stab in the dark...
      I havent posted my Mecha address here as not sure that is something I should do...hacking possible??
      I am considering upgrading my phone to the Iphone xr but not sure if that would help???

Comment

No hacking possible but also is no need for id for now. Is good that you know the id and we can move forward.

Mecha has [Connect to Wi-Fi] buton in Ring or row page.
        Think of how you connect your phone to a Wi-Fi , the same you need to connect Mecha to a Wi-Fi.
        When you connect the phone to your home Wi-Fi you select the SSID name, say, MyHomeWiFi and enter password , say, mypass**.
        Now, the same, after click on [Connect to WiFi] you'll be ask to enter the SSID ,
        enter your home SSID name,MyHomeWiFi and your home Wi-Fi password , mypass**
        in this case SSID is not M-XXXXXX, but the actual name of your home Wi-Fi SSID, the same the password is the actual password you enter on a phone.

Think of Mecha as a guest who wants to connect his phone through your Wi-Fi,
        You'll need to provide SSID name and pass for guest to be able to connect his phone.
        The same info Mecha needs when click on [Connect to WiFi].
        After that you wait no more than 1 minute and to click on [Reboot].

There is a way you browse here. Maybe you use Iphone or Mac.
        e.g. I successfully shared internet on my iMac to Wi-Fi devices, creating an SSID.

I'll make a video today how to share internet from a Mac for Mecha update.
        It will help others as well.

cheers,
        Dorin
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. ..

Comment

Originally posted by kylegmd View Post
          Well, I have tried everything to get the Mecha to FW upgrade and the new command keeps showing 01321. I have tried two different remote devices (iphone6s,Galazy Tab). both will connect to the controller Mecha-xxxxxx (where xxxxxx is my id). I have tried all the options that have been suggested but nothing seems to update the Mecha. When setting up a hotspot, I am never asked for the password so am thinking that my verizon account does not have wifi calling enabled. Outside of that, wondering if my unit may be defective...just a stab in the dark...
          I havent posted my Mecha address here as not sure that is something I should do...hacking possible??
          I am considering upgrading my phone to the Iphone xr but not sure if that would help???
          Does your Galaxy Tab have a 3g/4g modem? Have you ever successfully shared wifi from your iphone?
          eg, if your Galaxy tab does not have a modem, can you get internet access from iphone?
          Some service providers block the wifi sharing function for iphone. They charge more for plans with wifi sharing.
          Do you have a desktop/ laptop with wifi and ethernet connection? What is the operating system on it? Mac or Windows?

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=29412&amp;d=1548482942.png Views:	2 Size:	534.2 KB ID:	29447
          Notice you need to create a hotspot to allow MECHA to get to internet.

Nick
          Last edited by nick fan; January 28th, 2019, 01:52 AM.
          Fanotec

Comment

It seems you are not familiar with wifi sharing on your iphone or computers. Please google for your devices and make a test first.
            eg to test wifi sharing from computers, turn off the modem on your phone/ tablet and use wifi to connect to the network you just created. Can you get to the internet?
            You can also test between phone and tablet. Turn off the modem of tablet, connect to network created by phone. Can you get to the internet?
            if you can get to the internet, then login to 192.168.8.1 of MECHA-XXXXXX and use

enter the network name and password of the network you shared.
            Fanotec

Comment

After you connected and LEDs stops scanning (max 1 minute) click on [Reboot] and wait without pressing any buttons on MECHA

Here is a video featuring another way I told, in the case of an iMAC having Internet from Ethernet cable.
              I guess it could be a reference point for MAC users, regardless of OS version.

cheers,
              Dorin

1. Mecha it possible.
              2. Mecha it easy.
              3. ..

Comment

Thanks for the video. I have done exactly as your video shows, entry for entry.on my Macbook pro. Every thing worked exactly as you showed in the video. . I then take my Iphone (new Iphone 10s) with wifi sharing turned on and change the wifi setting to show my Mecha address. Then use the Iphone to access 198.168.8.1 and the remote access control panel comes up. When putting in 192.168.8.1/_new, it still shows 01321. The Mecha appears to show an update occurred, taking in consideration of the sequence of lights which appear to be loading something., is it possible the Iphone program I am using is not operating correctly??

Comment

If you have MAC and you've done as shown in video, now you ca see from your iPhone, the M-123ABC network available (where 123ABC is your MECHA ID)

So, in web interface, you see MECHA-123ABC in top left and you just set on MAC an hot-spot/WiFi with name M-123ABC and password 12345678.

Forget about MECHA for a little while, turn it off by pressing power button for 3 seconds.

If you can connect to M-123ABC Wi-Fi with password 12345678 from iPhone, when MAC is ON, MECHA is OFF and you can browse here from iPhone,
                  then you have correctly shared and created the hot-spot for Mecha update. If not, please re-do the steps from video, until you can browse from iPhone connected to M-123ABC.

The password should be exactly 12345678 i.e. is the actual password used by Mecha when tries to connect to Wi-Fi with name M-(mecha_id) after you press [3] for 3 seconds at - = - = - = - = - =

After you successfully browse to Internet, start Mecha and keep [3] pressed for 3 seconds when LEDs shows -=-=-=-= like in video, then wait. for 2 minutes.

cheers,
                  Dorin
                  1. Mecha it possible.
                  2. Mecha it easy.
                  3. ..

Comment

I have used the mac and updated as indicated in the video, I was able to browse the internet after changing the setting for wifi to Mecha-xxxxxx(my address).
                    On my IPhone, I put in 192.168.8.1/_new and it came up with the list of updates, at the top it says "MECHA updated to B_E_01321.
                    So now what?? My unit is either being updated correctly and the update is not showing correctly or it is just not being updated.?? Not sure which.
                    The Mecha seems to be working ok, I can scan lett and right and the shutter releases at each of the 6 stops with the current FW version (01321)..
                    Where/what do I do next to get updated??

Comment

As shown, In video you should enter M-XXXXXX for SSID not MECHA-XXXXXX
                      Please repeat the steps in video using M-XXXXXX instead of MECHA-XXXXXX.

cheers,
                      Dorin

1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. ..

Comment

Congrats! You just updated.

Now the rule is:
                        1) When on MAC Internet sharing is ON and you start MECHA it will perform update if available.

or

2) If Internet sharing is OFF on MAC and you start MECHA you can use it as before 192.168.8.1

cheers,
                        Dorin
                        1. Mecha it possible.
                        2. Mecha it easy.
                        3. ..

Comment

SUCCESS!!! Changing the SSID name to M-XXXXXX(my address) on my Maxbook Pro worked. My Iphone now shows B_E_01339 when using 192.168.8.1/_new...The Meca lights sequence was different when actually loading the FW.

To update the FW, one must do the MECHA pressing 3 for 2 seconds to get the unit to update to the latest FW update every time the Meca is used? How frequently is it necessary to update FM? Must the Macbook be onlone every time a update is made?
                          ALso, I thought the FW version was to be displayed on the remove control software...I dont see that on the Iphone screen anywhere??

Comment

If you keep the current settings the rule above applies:

1) When on MAC Internet sharing is ON and you start MECHA it will perform update if available.
                            or
                            2) If Internet sharing is OFF on MAC and you start MECHA you can use it as before 192.168.8.1

No need to press buttons unless you see that an update isn't performed when it should.

The FW version is near to Row or Ring title in web interface, or in /_new

Could be some updates now more often for a while if bugs arises, then will be only if new features are added.

You'll see here
                            https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...on-and-changes
                            and subscribing to that thread might help in knowing as soon as FW is released.

cheers,
                            Dorin
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. ..

Comment

Originally posted by kylegmd View Post
                              SUCCESS!!! Changing the SSID name to M-XXXXXX(my address) on my Maxbook Pro worked. My Iphone now shows B_E_01339 when using 192.168.8.1/_new...The Meca lights sequence was different when actually loading the FW.

To update the FW, one must do the MECHA pressing 3 for 2 seconds to get the unit to update to the latest FW update every time the Meca is used? How frequently is it necessary to update FM? Must the Macbook be onlone every time a update is made?
                              ALso, I thought the FW version was to be displayed on the remove control software...I dont see that on the Iphone screen anywhere??
                              Now you successfully connect MECHA to a HOTSPOT you created. You can also try connecting to hotspot manually.
                              https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...rface-of-mecha
                              It does not matter what the SSID of the hotspot or password. Check if your mobile plan support wifi tethering. It is better to keep connected to internet while controlling MECHA. You won't miss any message or tweet. Also MECHA should be able to connect to a wireless router. Play with it. It may not work for hotel wifi which needs user agreement of rules.

Nick
                              Fanotec

Comment

I'm also still stuck at the B_E_01321 firmware. I tried all steps above many times in the last few hours, but my device firmware is not updating. I connected the Mecha to my local wifi network, and also tried by setting up a shared M-XXXXXX Wi-Fi network on my MacBook Pro as explained in the initial posts, just to be sure. All networks gave me internet access on my iPhoneX, and I could connect to the web interface of the Mecha, both /ring and /_new. I rebooted the Mecha via the web interface, and manually via its power button, waited a few minutes, rebooted again, but the firmware stays at B_E_01321.
                                What kind of led animation am I looking for during the update? Is there a certain sequence during download/install I can look for? At the moment I'm clueless, as I'm sure the Mecha should have internet access, just as my iPhone. Is there a way to test if the firmware server is accessible?

Cheers, Peter
                                www.littleplanet.be | 360˚imagery

Comment

Working...
                                X