Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meca not upgrading to latest FW release

Here is what I am doing..
    1. on iphone, change to settings and change the wifi setting to Mecha-XXXXX (my mecha adress
    2. Start firfox browser and the iphone displays 192.168.8.1/ring and the remote screen access appears
    3. 192.168.8.1/_new displays 01321 is loaded.
    4. what do I do from here....following the "update FW" instructions do not load new FW additions
    5. What am I doing wrong??

You need to connect Mecha to a Hotspot with internet access. Does your Iphone has wifi sharing plan?
    https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...rface-of-mecha
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Where would I check to see if the Iphone is on a sharing plan?

Comment

Have you ever used wifi sharing from your iPhone? any restriction from your service provider? It should be mentioned in your contract or account.
        You can also use desktop or laptop to share the wifi or simply connect Mecha to a wireless router.
        Fanotec

Comment

From either Row and Ring page, please click on [Connect to Wi-Fi] and connect to the network you using now to browse here, if is possible. Then after LED's stop from"scanning" click on [Reboot] and wait, without pressing any buttons. In 1-2 minutes the FW will be updated.

cheers,
          Dorin
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. "Mechapixel" the movie. This May on YouTube.
          4. "Mechapedia" - coming next..

Comment

Ok, Did that and lights flash and it appears it downloaded something but the /_new command still shows 01321....

Comment

Iphone connected to router hub and shows active..

Comment

after reboot, the lights flash in a sequence and goes blank then show all lights lit with bottom led being red.

Comment

For some reasons Mecha has no access to Internet then. There are several ways to give to Mecha access, maybe listing two ways here might help you or other one assisting you to sort his out.

1) if you can set an hot-spot with name M-XXXXXX and password 12345678 where XXXXXX is Mecha id, if you start Mecha and when LEDs show -=-=-=-= you press [3] 3 seconds. Mecha will use that hot-spot for FW update if has access to Internet through it.
                  or
                  2) from Ring - Row pages you connect to Wi-Fi as I said before and then click on [Reboot] and wait again Mecha will try to access Internet and perform an update if possible.

I can confirm if there is update performed, looking in logs here after the id of your unit. Updates happening right now and very quick. No problems here..

cheers,
                  Dorin
                  1. Mecha it possible.
                  2. Mecha it easy.

Comment

no one helping me...just me...not sure why not seeing that update has occurred...will have to look around and see if I can see where I am going wrong. I have tried Safari and it does not seem to work at all so have tried firefox and Chrome and both show same for /_new command...01321 as FW version. Am I correct in that you see my unit being upgraded using the Mecha address??

Comment

Iphone connected to router hub and shows active
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Have you tried connecting Mecha to your router instead?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=29300&d=1547976056&type=medium.png
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	29437
                      Enter SSID of your router and password. If it does not have special character like !@#$%^&*+ etc, it should work. Change the special character to letters and numbers temporarily if you can.

If you want to try iPhone Wi-Fi sharing, here is a guide.
                      https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT204023
                      Last edited by nick fan; January 27th, 2019, 06:28 AM.
                      Fanotec

Comment

No, I meant if it will happen I'll know. Not happened yet.
                        don't have the id of your Mecha but I'll guess when will happen which one is. If you can provide it then, for sure I can look for it.
                        1. Mecha it possible.
                        2. Mecha it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post
                          If you want to try iPhone Wi-Fi sharing, here is a guide.
                          https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT204023
                          How (on the iPhone) to determine the IP of a device connected to iPhones Personal hotspot? The damn phone only shows "-1- active connection" what is barely helpful ...

Comment

It seems difficult, perhaps some app will do.
                            That was among the reasons I added [3][2][3] [<] code in Mecha.
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
                              It seems difficult, perhaps some app will do.
                              That was among the reasons I added [3][2][3] [<] code in Mecha.
                              Thanks, I totally forgot that code :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X