Setup for HDR bracketing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup for HDR bracketing

Currently i only can setup the time for each shot (with cameras that can't communicate with the mecha). So if i'd like to do 5 brackets with 2 EVs at each position i must enter the longest exposure value for each shot.

As an example for the row: 1/250 > 1/60 > 1/15 > 1/4 > 1" i have to enter 1 second per exposure and so the complete row takes only 6 seconds until next movement

but let's do this at night with 1/8 > 0.5" > 2" > 8" > 30" i have to enter 30 seconds per each exposure. Would it be possible to tell the mecha the individual exposure times so the waiting time will be limited to the shortes possible waiting time?

I'm working on how to define timing for such case. I'll post here when the FW with this feature is published.
    Yes, will be possible.

cheers,
    Dorin
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. ..

Comment

Hi msimons,

Can your camera do automatic bracketing and trigger the sequence automatically with a 2s time in camera?

Hi Dorin,
      How about doing this automatically, after shutter release confirmation is implemented? Each trigger can be advanced after say 0.5s after end of shutter release signal.

Nick
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

Comment

I think I answered here, yesterday... Anyway..typing again from memory,

Yes, will be so, once shutter release confirmation is implemented, even before that a quite flexible way to set delays and AF for shots is coming for time lapse as well.
        Once shutter confirmation will be in place, Mecha will wait for confirmation regardless is due to HDR, moving features, or extra shoots.

cheers,
        Dorin
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. ..

Comment

Bracketing in not working with A7rII
          In continuous bracketing mode with my A7rII the Mecha take only 2 instead of 3 pictures.
          So the signal from the Mecha stop to early taking picture and it stops before finished the bracketing sequence.
          Is there a possibility to change the firing time?

Thanks
          Yves

Comment

It will be fixed in coming firmware updates.
            Fanotec

Comment

Starting with B_E_01340 FW there is extended support for delays.
              https://www.nodalninja.com/forum/for...on-and-changes

Now is possible to enter a custom value for delay which can split the delay in 4 delays like
              Wake,Before,Exposure,After in short W,B,E,A so instead of just say 3 seconds you can enter a custom values like 1,2,3,4 which means 1 second camera wake-up, 2 seconds before shoot, 3 seconds exposure and another 4 after the set.
              If want the exposure delay to be doubled after each shot in set you can enter 1,2,2*3,4

Click image for larger version  Name:	custom_delay.png Views:	1 Size:	33.1 KB ID:	29544

By exposure delay I mean a delay which shutter opto is actually closed, depending on camera settings that can be used for a situation or another.
              Wake is for camera wake-up,
              Before can help in waiting for vibration, wobble to stop
              Exposure is a delay in which shutter opto is actually closed, depending on camera settings that can be used for a situation or another.
              After is a delay one can use to let time for camera buffer to empty/ look on LCD to spot any issues.

In future will be a way to short a pause, say one can set a after pause as large number, say 10 seconds and if looks Ok after 2 seconds, will be possible to move to next earlier than 10 seconds and also will be a chance to repeat the shoot if something is intruded/unwanted.

cheers,
              Dorin
              1. Mecha it possible.
              2. Mecha it easy.
              3. ..

Comment

Originally posted by Yvess View Post
                Bracketing in not working with A7rII
                In continuous bracketing mode with my A7rII the Mecha take only 2 instead of 3 pictures.
                So the signal from the Mecha stop to early taking picture and it stops before finished the bracketing sequence.
                Is there a possibility to change the firing time?

Thanks
                Yves
                Hi. Any confirm if this bug has been fixed with the latest FW release?

Thanks
                Raf

Comment

Yes, is fixed and the delay system described above can be used as well.

cheers,
                  Dorin
                  1. Mecha it possible.
                  2. Mecha it easy.
                  3. ..

Comment

Hi again.
                    I tried to setup WBEA but i can't make it functional to my needs. I try to explain.
                    Because my camera doesn't let me shoot 12ev in a single bracket (except at 3ev5 that i don't use in outdoor), i have to chain two brackets: 2ev5 (8EV) + 2ev3 (4EV). To do so i set the 2ev5 bracket on M1 (memory 1) and 2ev3 bracket on M2. M1 and M2 are accessible by a dial positioned on camera body (sony A7r2).
                    So i did the following: set 2 shots and W:1, B:3, E:3, A:5. I was thinking that 5 was the seconds before the next shoot but i was wrong. The camera shoot after one second another bracket at 2ev5 and it takes 5 secs before the next move.
                    So, how to make possible to set a time to let me switch the dial to M2 before the second shoot starts? Is it possibile?

Thanks for any help.
                    Bye
                    Raf

Comment

I'll look more on this tomorrow, until then, the E in WBEA , could be what you need, it also have multiplier.
                      > If want the exposure delay to be doubled after each shot in set you can enter 1,2,2*3,4
                      this will make first trigger to have a delay E= 3 seconds and the second trigger to have E= 6 seconds, 2*3
                      you used
                      W:1, B:3, E:3, A:5
                      Mecha will close the trigger 3 seconds for each shutter command sent to camera
                      if is set
                      1,3,1.5*3,5 first command will trigger 3 seconds, the second will trigger 4.5 seconds (1.5 *3)

Dorin
                      1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. ..

Comment

Hi Raf,

What exposure time and aperture you will use for the 2 sequences? Do they change with environmental lighting? Sorry for my ignorance in HDRI.
                        To add to Dorin's input. You can save 4 presets in total. [Save] [Save1] [Save2] [Save3] , which can be loaded quickly.

Nick
                        Fanotec

Comment

B_E_01370 was published, if you have the additional cable connected from camera to AUX port you can try to test with 0.25 sec. and see if works as expected,
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	shutter_delay.png
Views:	2
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	29784

the exposure delay, highlighted in red, will be extended if there is open shutter signal coming from camera, that applies to E in WBEA as well.
                          If, some reasons, it looks like is skipping, you can change the the delay to 0.5 sec. or more (you can use custom option to enter custom values)

Dorin
                          1. Mecha it possible.
                          2. Mecha it easy.
                          3. ..

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post
                            Hi Raf,

What exposure time and aperture you will use for the 2 sequences? Do they change with environmental lighting? Sorry for my ignorance in HDRI.
                            To add to Dorin's input. You can save 4 presets in total. [Save] [Save1] [Save2] [Save3] , which can be loaded quickly.

Nick
                            Hi Nick,
                            my camera takes no more than 2 sec to shoot a bracket of 5 images at 2ev separation each, so i set 3 sec considering also the SD writing time plus a security margin.

In order to shot 2 brackets (5 images+3 images) into the same position, i need some time to rotate the dial from M1 to M2 e confirm the preset on my camera, so suppose i need 3 sec. So again, 3 sec for 1st bracket (5 images), 3 sec to movethe dial, 3 sec for 2nd bracket (3 images), and then i.e. 2 sec wait before mecha moves to the next position.

Comment

Originally posted by I'll look more on this tomorrow, until then, the [B
                              E[/B] in WBEA , could be what you need, it also have multiplier.
                              > If want the exposure delay to be doubled after each shot in set you can enter 1,2,2*3,4
                              this will make first trigger to have a delay E= 3 seconds and the second trigger to have E= 6 seconds, 2*3
                              you used
                              W:1, B:3, E:3, A:5
                              Mecha will close the trigger 3 seconds for each shutter command sent to camera
                              if is set
                              1,3,1.5*3,5 first command will trigger 3 seconds, the second will trigger 4.5 seconds (1.5 *3)
                              I think this method wont work, because there's no spare time between exposures to let me change camera preset.

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
                              B_E_01370 was published, if you have the additional cable connected from camera to AUX port you can try to test with 0.25 sec. and see if works as expected,
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	shutter_delay.png
Views:	2
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	29784

the exposure delay, highlighted in red, will be extended if there is open shutter signal coming from camera, that applies to E in WBEA as well.
                              If, some reasons, it looks like is skipping, you can change the the delay to 0.5 sec. or more (you can use custom option to enter custom values)

Dorin
                              The shoe function has been implemented? Good.
                              So tell me if i got it in the right way:
                              - with the new fw, mecha now knows the end of the bracket shot, so it unlocks the shutter.
                              - 0.25 is still the exposure time, so if i set 3 sec and a confirmation signal is received before 3 sec, mecha unlocks the camera trigger and i have 3 sec-x sec to move the dial knob to preset M2.
                              - i have to set 2 shots per position, in order to tell the camera to shot a second time, after 3 sec.

Comment

Working...
                              X