Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be fixed in the latest FW update now.

Dorin

--------8<-------------------------

B_E_01376 is published.

Addressed an issue regarding Auto Power OFF delay when running presets from buttons.

--------8<-------------------------

1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. ..

Comment

re #58
      My unit is on a WiFi LAN. It connects automatically at power up. When I give the WiFi off command from computer, here is what happens:
      beep after 1-5 sec; nothing for 4-6 sec; -=-=-=-= sequence 13 times; all lights blink; back online.
      If I put it in AP mode using 1 button at power up, then "turn WiFi off" works as expected.
      Last edited by tksharpless; April 4th, 2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

More WiFi bugs. this unit will connect both as AP and as station at the same time. I would not imagine that is possible, nevertheless I am now talking to it from my laptop over the LAN and from directly connected Android phone. Each can see a different web page or the same. This cannot be safe, and must burn more power.
        It got into this state by the following sequence of events: in station mode, I asked it to connect to a nonexistent SSID/password. That made it disappear from both LAN and station mode; then at power up it acted like connecting to LAN but without result. I could get it into AP mode by holding 1 during pwrup. Then told it to connect to WiFi with correct SSID/pass and it did -- but statyed connected as station too. I have observed this behavior twice, the first time after I first connected it to the LAN.
        So my bug list is now
        1) reconnects to LAN after turn of WiFi via LAN
        2) falsely connects to nonexistent LAN (and repeats at power up)
        3) incorrectly maintains AP connection after connecting to LAN
        I would also suggest that there should be an easy and positive way to enable and disable WiFi using only the butttons; and that this setting should persist through power cycles.
        Last edited by tksharpless; April 4th, 2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks for info.
          These are not bugs, is the way Mecha works.

You can start with Wi-Fi OFF if when LEDs shows -=-=-=-=-=
          press [<] for 3 seconds the Wi-Fi turns OFF. Will be ON as AP only when MECHA is powered again.

Dorin
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. ..

Comment

Do you really think that having two different UI pages in control at the same time is not a bug?? Please think again.
            I would definitely call it a bug that the unit becomes permanently unresponsive when given a bad SSID + password.
            You may demote my complaint about automatic reconnection after "turn off WiFi" to a feature request if you don't like to call it a bug. But is is important because with WiFi on the Mecha will consume more standby power. Just because it is in my house does not mean I want it to be online all the time. And the UI should behave the same whether WiFi mode is AP or station -- or both!
            Last edited by tksharpless; April 5th, 2019, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I thought ahead, sorry cannot give more details now, only to say that AP+STA mode are useful in some situations, then the user via AP will have priority in future FW update, the others will be able to see read only settings, mainly for feedback purpose of current panorama progress, anyway in most of the cases will be used in single mode AP or STA, the AP+STA mode will be only for advanced scenario.
              Currently the AP+STA occurs only in a single situation, and have more pro than cons to be so.

Thank you for any suggestions, they are all noted, regardless of the insistence they are presented.

Dorin
              1. Mecha it possible.
              2. Mecha it easy.
              3. ..

Comment

Right now I have 3 connections open on the LAN, each in a page with different presets. The response to UI Left/Right buttons is according to what is visible on the page. However the response to panel buttons is according to which page last issued a load command. That may be "how it works" but it is inconsistent and confusing.

It is admirable that you have been able to make the f/w multi-task without crashing. However this is of no practical use and is potentially hazardous. I urge that you at least make one connected device the master, with any others explicitly in a read-only monitoring mode. Ideally it should be possible for the panel / hand controller to be the master, too, so that nobody could take control by wifi while I am shooting.

Please consider a "flat" preset scheme where each preset has a global ID and all ways of selecting presets are consistent.

BTW after this test I issued "WiFi Off" from one connected device and the Mecha actually went offline and stayed that way. So maybe that bug is only seen in unusual conditions. I will let you know if I find a way to repeat it.
                Last edited by tksharpless; April 5th, 2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Sorry, but here is another bug. AP mode with Galaxy S6, UI on a normal page (that is, the touch icon has not been activated) swiping the screen sometimes invokes movement on the mecha. This has happened also when putting phone in and out of a pocket. It is a nasty surprise that could mess up a shooting schedule (would be disaster in the middle of a gigapixel shoot). So, please install an absolute lock-out of this function, that can only be broken by a confirming dialog, like other settings.

Comment

Thank you for report, I'll look into, I can test on a Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S9.

Dorin
                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. ..

Comment

Nothing in code that can cause it, maybe is something else, please report if you can find a reproducible situation on your phone.
                      I can think of a way to lock/unlock but the phone should have a more powerful locking way.

Dorin
                      1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. ..

Comment

Sorry, Dorin. I think the problem is just that random screen contact presses random UI buttons. Still a hazard, but simple to prevent by switching off phone screen before pocketing the phone.

Comment

Playing with my turntable only 5 shots will be fired, then the Mecha continues turning but no photos were taken. This happens either in Ring or Row mode. Current firmware. Sometimes the Mecha doesn't trigger the shutter at all.

Comment

Cannot reproduce the issue yet, no idea ATM, could be camera buffer or cable.

L.E. Judging from your setup, 5 shoots mean 5x30 deg. after that camera might not be able to focus on the offending puppet..

Worth investigate if is the case, setting a AF as negative value, the AF signal will be ON during the entire session.

Please set AF -100 ms to see if it is better.
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. ..

Comment

Thanks, - i'll try the negative AF value tonight! Maybe it was the low quality cable but i'll do further tests. The two green leds indicating the shutter signal were flashing all the time so i'll look for a better and more shielded cable parallel to the other settings ...

Comment

Working...
                              X