Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings for Nikon 10,5 and Nikon D500

Hello,
    Iím trying to determine the correct adjustment for my Nikkor 10,5mm / Nikon D500 with NN6. I work hard but i have always this error at the nadir. Whatís iím doing wrong ? On the upper rail I've 84 and on the lower rail I've 65. An idea ?

Hello there!

There is a really great YouTube video describing how to completely dial in your NPP. It is 11 mins long, but WELL WORTH the time spent watching. It will help you tremendously.

Good luck!
    Logistics Manager @ Nodal Ninja

Comment

Hello Grinch,

I don't think that this should be of any concern to you as you will be patching out the Nadir in some way, either a hand held shot or logo for example.
      The important thing is to find the settings that stitch all the other images without any glitches.

Note that the settings are for your 10.5 mm lens irrespective of the body.
      There is a diagram for the rays entering a Nikon 10.5 mm lens near the bottom of:
      http://www.hugh360.co.uk/measurement...int-of-a-lens/
      which should help you determine the top rail setting.
      It seems to me that you have got it right anyway by looking at your posted photo.

All the best, Hugh.

Comment

Only focus on region near 0 pitch angle. fisheye lens does not have a fixed NPP. The one at the horizon is different from the one at the zenith/ nadir.
        Besides, the nadir stitching depends heavily on the lens parameters. Some customers complained about the setting I provided for the GTP kit, I was able to give nearly perfect stitching by just using a better lens parameter from other sets of panos.

Nick
        Fanotec
        We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I thought that the head was well adjusted when we had the two images of the nadir perfectly aligned like in a mirror ...

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
            Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I thought that the head was well adjusted when we had the two images of the nadir perfectly aligned like in a mirror ...
            Agreed, but is better that any mismatch is here rather than elsewhere and I doubt weather you would ever get a perfect solution because, as Nick states, a fisheye lens does not have a fixed NPP as shown in the link with my previous message.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
              Hello,
              Iím trying to determine the correct adjustment for my Nikkor 10,5mm / Nikon D500 with NN6. I work hard but i have always this error at the nadir. Whatís iím doing wrong ? On the upper rail I've 84 and on the lower rail I've 65. An idea ?
              Tighten everything, use a remote/timer if you didn't, try different tripod, look for any play, dial the settings on concrete floor, in practice, on wooden floor you can have better results with robotic rotator because it can turn when you're away from it hence your weight doesn't affect the actual spinning axle when you circle around. Have a look at Mecha,
              Also the pattern on floor should be suitable for control points though you can stick/place some objects evenly to have better reference.

cheers,
              Dorin
              Mecha it possible.

Comment

Working...
              X