Nikon D750 + 16mm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon D750 + 16mm

Hello. I was wondering if the NN 3 would be considered stable enough for the D750 (without battery grip) and Nikon 16mm fisheye or would it be recommended to get the NN 6? I suspect the NN 6 would be required if battery grip was attached?

Thanks for your help

Nikon D750 = 750g
    Nikon 16mm = 290g
    = 1.04 Kg
    Maximum load for NN3 = 1.5 Kg so NN3 is suitable for Nikon D750 + Nikon 16mm lens.
    If you have a battery grip with batteries you can weigh this and if it comes in at less than 450g then the NN3 is still suitable.
    6 x alkaline AA batteries = approx 140g and 6 x lithium AA batteries = approx 90g so if the battery grip itself is less than 300g you are OK with the NN3.
    If you are planning to use heavier lenses in future, or if the battery grip and batteries is near or over the limit, then you should consider the NN6 as Nodal Ninja products are so well built that they last a long long time.
    (This last comment is from a user, not a sales person for Nodal Ninja).

Comment

Thanks very much Hugh. Seems like NN 6 would be the safer option in case things change in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by cg123 View Post
        Thanks very much Hugh. Seems like NN 6 would be the safer option in case things change in the future.
        Hey cg123 - welcome to the forum,
        Hugh is spot on!
        You're making an investment on an item that will last many years. Having the flexibility to grow with longer lenses (higher resolution panoramic photography) will certainly open up more doors to creative expression. I too use the 16mm - it's an awesome lens - my favorite for shooting 360's (NN6 w/D800).

Nodal Ninja - "turning heads"

Comment

Working...
        X