Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advices for a panorama beginner, please

hello Every one,

I recently bought a Ninja NN3 MK2 head and i am very excited to begin shooting panoramas ( simple and multi row).

My gears are M43 system : Olympus EM10 ii and Panasonic G80 with a few lenses : Panasonic Leica 8-18 mm ( Eq 16-36 FF), Pana Leica 15mm ( Eq 30mm), Olympus 25mm ( Eq 50mm) and Pana 42.5mm ( Eq 85 mm)

I'm using an Manfrotto Befree Tripod.

I'm willing to do simple and multi row panoramas and long exposures panos with ND filters that i usually use.

Please share your advices using this tripod as shooting panos.

Many thanks to you.

Vladimir

Hello Vladmir,

I have used a Manfrotto Befree to shot 360 panoramas with both an R1 + Nikon D800 and a NN3 and found it to be sufficiently stable, but I did use a remote release to avoid any possibility of shake.

I find the Manfrotto Befree a useful item when travelling, and the panoramas at Lalibela were all taken with a Nikon D800, which is quite a heavy camera, with this tripod.
    http://360hugh.co.uk/panormas/the-ro...s-of-lalibela/

Hope this helps, Hugh.

Comment

Hi Vladimir,
      Welcome to the forum.
      Basically the wider the lens the fewer images you will need to shoot to complete full 360. When you move the focal length from 8 to 12 to 18 etc. you will be required to take more images to complete full 360. The longer the focal length the higher the resolution. The key is to give yourself about 30% overlap between images both horizontally and vertically. Trial and error until you find a workflow that you're comfortable with. Here is a shot calculator that might help.
      Thank you
      Nodal Ninja Panoramic Tripod Heads and VR Solutions

Comment

Thanks to you Hugh and Bill...I'm really excited to start !

Comment

Working...
        X