Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lens & head suggestion for Sony A7s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lens & head suggestion for Sony A7s

    Hello everyone,
    I'm looking for a lens & head suggestion for A7s. I'm not looking at a single row solution like R series as final panorama resolution may not be too high from a 12 mp sensor.
    Thanks in advance.
    Raghav

  • #2
    Hi Raghav,
    Welcome to the forum.
    The basic NN3 MKII would work fine for you. If you seek repeatable results or shooting very long exposures a better fit would the new NN6 w/RD10.
    For lenses, if shooting multirow, look for prime lens of 12mm> for sharpest results.

    thx
    Bill
    The perfect pano head starter package for on-the-go beginners. Real eastate agents who want panoramic photography will want this tripod head! Shop today!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bill Bailey View Post
      Hi Raghav,
      Welcome to the forum.
      The basic NN3 MKII would work fine for you. If you seek repeatable results or shooting very long exposures a better fit would the new NN6 w/RD10.
      For lenses, if shooting multirow, look for prime lens of 12mm> for sharpest results.

      thx
      Bill
      Thanks for the suggestion Bill. I was considering the 12mm too, what would be the final equi-rectangular size? I already own an R1 which I use with a different setup, would NN3 have an advantage over RS-2?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ksraghavendra View Post

        Thanks for the suggestion Bill. I was considering the 12mm too, what would be the final equi-rectangular size? I already own an R1 which I use with a different setup, would NN3 have an advantage over RS-2?
        Hey Raghav,
        There are some variables involved in determining final resolution. See http://www.realitypixels.com/turk/qu...r/panores.html
        You do reach a point of diminishing returns on resolution unless using for print or shooting gigapixel panoramas. I believe most would agree you can create stunning panoramas at 10,000 pixels wide and even 5,000 when using good lens and a bit of post-op.. If you are shooting multirow I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the quality of the output files.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bill Bailey View Post

          Hey Raghav,
          There are some variables involved in determining final resolution. See http://www.realitypixels.com/turk/qu...r/panores.html
          You do reach a point of diminishing returns on resolution unless using for print or shooting gigapixel panoramas. I believe most would agree you can create stunning panoramas at 10,000 pixels wide and even 5,000 when using good lens and a bit of post-op.. If you are shooting multirow I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the quality of the output files.
          Thanks for the resource Bill, that took some time to grasp but got a better understanding in the end, will decide accordingly. :)

          Comment

          Working...
          X