Using Pano tricks instead of Tilt-Shift lens shooting Interior.

Thread: Using Pano tricks instead of Tilt-Shift lens shooting Interior.

Share/Bookmark
  1. Using Pano tricks instead of Tilt-Shift lens shooting Interior.

Greetings everyone.

1. I wonder that can I use the Nodal Ninja VR head doing pan and stitching 3-5 shots instead of using tilt-shift lens? and then correct distortions in PS later. (If i set the nodal point right.) The rooms are around 22 to 35 square metres. My plan is to avoid fish-eye looks or extremely wide like EF-s 10-18mm, and using EF-s 24mm and 50mm(75mm on APS-C) instead.
    Does anyone have any experiences or real life situations please advice.

2. Does it possible to use NN4 on the Manfrotto X-pro 3 way head with folded in the arms? or still worser than using with ball head?

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlyn View Post
    1. I wonder that can I use the Nodal Ninja VR head doing pan and stitching 3-5 shots instead of using tilt-shift lens? and then correct distortions in PS later. (If i set the nodal point right.)
    That is certainly possible, but there should be no distortions to correct if correctly stitched.

The rooms are around 22 to 35 square metres. My plan is to avoid fish-eye looks or extremely wide like EF-s 10-18mm, and using EF-s 24mm and 50mm(75mm on APS-C) instead.
    The image will have the same general appearance regardless of the lens type used. There will be no "fisheye look" resulting from using a fisheye lens.

2. Does it possible to use NN4 on the Manfrotto X-pro 3 way head with folded in the arms? or still worser than using with ball head?
    It doesn't really matter what is below the NN4 - as long as it doesn't have sticky out bits that intrude into the view of the nadir area if you are intending to shoot full 360x180 degree panoramas. Generally, the less there is between the NN4 and the bare tripod head the better.

The main problem when using long focus lenses in small rooms is the limited depth of field available. This may need to be accommodated by varying the lens focus setting for different shots. Normally one keeps the same focus setting for all shots, which makes the stitching simpler.

John