Measurements for Nikon lenses

Thread: Measurements for Nikon lenses

1. Measurements for Nikon lenses

I've recently swapped from Canon to Nikon and I wondered where I could find the rail measurements for Nikon lenses. My measurements are all for my Canon gear i.e. 24mm - 35mm etc. I now have various Nikon lenses including the 14-24mm so wondered what the measurements would be for the Nikon gear.

Many thanks in advance.

I forgot to mention I'm shooting with a full frame Nikon.
  4. Still struggling

Thanks but none of the info' given helps. I kindly got sent a link by John Hopkins for a video which shows how to use a needle to line up the no Parralax point. I'm actually in southern Patagonia for one year where wifi is terrible so I had to take a 3 hour bus to a major town just to download the video. I spent the morning trying to figure out the correct points and whilst I can understand the video the parralax points don't seem to alter between 24mm and longer focal lengths.
    Just to go back. I'm using a Nikon D810 on a Nodal Ninja 5. I have the Nikon 24-120mm f1:4 G ED Lens. I only wish to shoot some landscape pano's in the ranges around 50mm, maybe 70mm. It seems the data online is predominantly for people doing architectural 360º pano's with fisheye lenses or similar very wide angle lenses. Is it possible that once you reach focal lengths above 24mm then the parralax point is no longer such an issue.

I really would appreciate some help on this issue. As I said it's impossible for me to download videos. When I used Canon I just took down the data for the Canon 24-105mm lens, I assumed someone somewhere would have the data for the Nikon equivalent lens.

Many thanks from deepest Patagonia.

It's true that it's not so important to set the camera accurately at the no-parallax point when shooting landscapes with longer focus lenses. You can probably set the head up well enough simply by judging the position of the entrance pupil visually by peering into the lens. Stop the lens down and point the back of the camera towards a bright source of light such as a window so as to illuminate the aperture from the rear. See . You should easily see if the entrance pupil moves back and forth significantly as you operate the zoom. In fact, figures on the wiki database suggest that the entrance pupil does move quite a lot over the full zoom range: .