What is the recommended static tilt for Ultimate R10 for shaved Nikon 10.5 and full frame Nikon D610

Thread: What is the recommended static tilt for Ultimate R10 for shaved Nikon 10.5 and full frame Nikon D610

Share/Bookmark
  1. What is the recommended static tilt for Ultimate R10 for shaved Nikon 10.5 and full frame Nikon D610

I am using shaved Nikon 10.5mm on full frame Nikon D610. I learned that a shaved Nikon 10.5mm on full frame Nikon D610 would give an FOV of 180 deg. I intend to buy the Ultimate R10 considering its portability. Since an FOV of 180 is exactly half of the whole sphere, I want the Ultimate R10 to have a static tilt upward in order to be assured of a perfect zenith stitch, but I want the resulting hole in the nadir as small as possible which I can easily patch up in Photoshop or cover with a logo. If any one of you have my set-up could you please give me advise of the optimal tilt upward of the Ultimate R10: 2.5 deg., 5 deg., 7.5 deg. or 10 deg.? Thanks in advance.
    Users Country Flag

hard to say. some will choose 0 deg or 2.5 deg because the fov is over 190 deg. This gives better nadir sharpness if you don't patch with a nadir shot.
    I thing the majority choose 5 deg tilt.
    Good thing is all R10 has 0 deg tilt.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

My vote is for the 5 degrees up tilt. Here is an unpatched pano showing just how big the Nadir hole is. http://dlsphoto.net/Tutorials/NadirS...ama_Nadir.html
  4. Thanks, I'll go for 5 deg. up tilt

Quote Originally Posted by DennisS View Post
    My vote is for the 5 degrees up tilt. Here is an unpatched pano showing just how big the Nadir hole is. http://dlsphoto.net/Tutorials/NadirS...ama_Nadir.html
    Thank you for the very prompt reply. The nadir hole of the 5 deg. up tilt is negligible and enclosed within the rotator that it can be removed together with the rotator.