Travel Pole Questions

Thread: Travel Pole Questions

Share/Bookmark
  1. Travel Pole Questions

What diameters are Travel Pole tube sections?

What size tripod columns will fit "Tripod Adapter for Travel Pole (F7306)" ?

Does "Pole Rotator 60 degree stops (F7118)" work with Travel Pole using "Tripod Adapter for Travel Pole (F7306)" ? Directly or with adapter?

Can Travel Pole be made longer?
    Is there an optional center section that can be added?
    How about single 19" center section that can be easily added when needed, or left home when not needed?
    Users Country Flag

Travel pole is actually 2 short poles stacked together safely. You can't insert it to center column. Both ends are larger than tubes. Pole rotator works directly with tripod adapter. No, the Travel pole can't be stacked longer. But a tall tripod can add to its high.
    With monopod adapter, the upper unit can work as a tall monopod.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Travel pole is actually 2 short poles stacked together safely.
    Yes, I saw Bill's "Ninja Sticks"... my favorite photo!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	945610_596522610371684_2033422811_n__03782.1405458672.1280.1280.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	1173

Is travel pole mounted to tripod first, then extended? Or extended first before mounting?

You can't insert it to center column. Both ends are larger than tubes.
    Yes, but I do not mean to "replace" center column.

My question is... Tripod Adapter has lower clamp to center column. Which size tripod columns will fit "Tripod Adapter for Travel Pole (F7306)" lower clamp? Does it come with adapter sleeves for different size center columns? I use more than one tripod.

No, the Travel pole can't be stacked longer. But a tall tripod can add to its high.
    Yes, but my idea was for you to make a new optional single 19" section that would fit between the 2 stacked short poles. Then users can carry 3 sections and have 19" more total length when needed. When not needed, leave the 19" center extension piece at home. Using 2 or 3 pieces, total travel carry length is still 19".

With monopod adapter, the upper unit can work as a tall monopod.
    Do pole rotator and foot plate work with upper unit monopod?
    Users Country Flag

to use travel pole, you first connect the upper and lower units. Mount it to tripod adapter, extend it. The adapter comes with fittings for 25/26/28/32mm center column. 19" is not much. It is worth the trouble? Yes, we can make the "extending coupler". Pole rotator works for monopod unit.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Thanks, Nick. Adapter fittings have good range. You are correct, 19" is not much - not worth the trouble.