Samyang 7.5 mm F3.5 conversion tool kit for Fuji X-Mount

Thread: Samyang 7.5 mm F3.5 conversion tool kit for Fuji X-Mount

Share/Bookmark
  1. Samyang 7.5 mm F3.5 conversion tool kit for Fuji X-Mount

Using the Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 fisheye lens converted to cover an APS-C sensor with the "Conversion tool kit for Fuji X-Mount (F6227)", is a pano head with upward tilt required to close the zenith?

If an upward tile is not required will the converted lens work with the ultimate mini package

Martin
    Users Country Flag

Fov is slightly over 180 deg. A 5-7.5 deg will give better zenith quality. Also ultimate mini package will have very large nadir. Compared to the price of R10 tilt head, there is no much saving.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

I can no longer find the "Conversion tool kit for Fuji X-Mount (F6227)" in the Nodal Ninja store. Has it been disconntinued?
    Users Country Flag

Fuji X-mount users,
    We just spotted out an issue for using the Samyang 7.5mm on R10. The camera body is preventing the lens plate to be set at the NPP. We either need to make a much taller foot or make a new shorter QR clamp for R10. I think the tall foot is too bulky and contradicts the aim for a more compact setup. We are making the QR clamp now and hope to release it in 2 weeks.
    BTW, the conversion kit will work for R1 up to 5 deg tilt which is enough to give good overlap at the zenith. Not possible to overcome the issue without building an R2.

Fanotec

My Fuji X-M1 is smaller than the X-E1,2. The distance between the outside of the lens mount and the side of the camera body (including the lug for the neck strap) is about 1 and 1/8 inch. Will an X-M1 work with the original Conversion tool kit for Fuji X-Mount. If so how do I buy one since it is no longer listed in the store?
    Users Country Flag

Do you have R1 or R10? the kit will be relisted soon. New clamp for R10 is about ready.

Nick

Fanotec

Nick

I currrently use an RS 1 with my Fuji M-1 and a Samyang 8mm F2.8 lens on top of a series 1 pole with a pole rotator and foot.
    I shoot 4 around at -7.5 and several shots at + 30 to close the zenith.

Initally I plan to use the Samyang 7.5 mm F3.5 on the RS-1 to see what tilt is optimal for single row panos and then buy an R10 with the optimal tilt.

Are there any issues using the Samyang 7.5 on an RS1?

Thank you
    Users Country Flag

no issue for RS1.

Nick

Fanotec

Any update on when the Conversion tool kit for Fuji X-Mount will be available for purchase?
    Users Country Flag

Fanotec

Nick

What are the 8 pie shaped pieces of stiff paper supplied with the Conversion tool kit for Fuji X-Mount used for?

Thanks

Martin Waite
    Users Country Flag

for sticking the name plate in case the original is torn.

Nick

Fanotec

I want to use newly converted Samyang 7.5mm fisheye/Fuji X-M1 on an RS-1 head. How do I mount the lens so that the lens foot is alligned with the base of the Fuji camera. There are pictures of this orientation in the draft quick reference quide and the listing for the conversion kit in the Nodal Ninja store. When I mount the lens on my Fuji X-M1, the lens foot is alligned with the side of the camera regardless of which screw holes that I use to attach the lens to the rear mount.

The bayonet mount on the Fuji X-M1 only accepts the lens in one rotational position. There appears to be no way to alter the position of the lens foot relative to the bayonet on the rear mount which would be necessary to move the lens foot from the side to the botton of the camera.

Can this setup be used on a RS-1?

What am I missing?

Thank you

Martin Waite
    Users Country Flag

Remove the lens ring plate to expose the mounting screw for the foot. Unscrew and change it to other positions.

NIck

Fanotec