Setting up the NN-RS2 with Sigma 8mm f3.5 fisheye...

Thread: Setting up the NN-RS2 with Sigma 8mm f3.5 fisheye...

Share/Bookmark
  1. Setting up the NN-RS2 with Sigma 8mm f3.5 fisheye...

Users Country Flag

I need some help setting up a Nodal Ninja RS2 pano head with the lens ring for Sigma 8mm f3.5 fisheye for Nikon.

I have a NN-R10 GTP setup and have recently acquired a NN-RS2.

I want to mount the Sigma 8mm and its lens ring on the NN-RS2

The lens ring has the 101 stop plate fitted on the base of the ring 'foot' which makes it simple to located the ring correctly on the R10.

But the NN-RS2 doesn't appear to be able to utilise the stop plate to facilitate correct positioning of the lens ring on the upper rotator clamp.

The Nodal Ninja web site offers not to offer any documentation, or settings advice, for the NN-RS2 at all - nor does the web site of the UK distributor, Red Door VR.

Here are some photos of my 'stuff' including some of the 'bits-n-pieces' that came with the NN-RS2.

Does anyone know what these 'bit's and pieces might be for? In particular can any be used to help loate/re-locate the lens sing in the upper rotator clamp? Can any be used to prevent the lens ring 'foot' accidentally sliding out of the upper rotator clamp?

Does anyone know what the upper rotator clamp setting value should be for the NPP - it's plainly not going to be the same value as it is on the R10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nnrs2-02.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	1154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nnrs2-01.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	1155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nnrs2-04.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	1157  
    Users Country Flag

The screw that has a cap and bigger rim is for using the LRP stop plate. Mount it to one of the M3 socket at the side of QRC 40B. You need to cut a slot for the LRP or have us custom make for you.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    The screw that has a cap and bigger rim is for using the LRP stop plate. Mount it to one of the M3 socket at the side of QRC 40B. You need to cut a slot for the LRP or have us custom make for you.

Nick
    I don't understand your comment "You need to cut a slot for the LRP or have us custom make for you."

I have the R10 Stop Plate 101 LRP45X installed in the footplate as shown in the photos in previous post.

Andrew
    Users Country Flag

different settings require different stop plates. The plate just register the position relative to the anchor screw/ pin on the QR clamp. It may be different for different heads.

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    different settings require different stop plates. The plate just register the position relative to the anchor screw/ pin on the QR clamp. It may be different for different heads.
    Hmmm...oddly enough it seems that R10 Stop Plate 101 LRP45X seems to be OK for use with the RS2 as well as the R10.

How likely is that?

I don't think you (yet?) offer a stop plate for the Sigma 8mm ring for Nikon for use specifically with the RS2 do you?

Andrew
    Users Country Flag

not for the moment. Give me your NPP setting, I can make one easily with the new cutting tool.

Nick

Fanotec