Nikon 500mm or 600mm, accesories required to support on Ultimate M2 with R8 II

Thread: Nikon 500mm or 600mm, accesories required to support on Ultimate M2 with R8 II

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Nikon 500mm or 600mm, accesories required to support on Ultimate M2 with R8 II

Hi,

I saw another thread by Nick that mentioned this but I didn't understand for sure what I need to purchase to support super telephotos by Nikon. Can someone please clarify for me what specifically I would need to buy to support heavy lenses on the U M2 with R8?

Thanks for any help!
    Users Country Flag

You just need an Arca Swiss compatible rail that can be attached to the lens. I think >500mm lens has 2 sockets at the lens foot. So just attach our MFR160/170/210 to the lens foot will be fine. But I really doubt you need such a long and heavy lens for making panos. I think the ideal lens will be 400mm or lower. I am not sure M2 gives sufficient stability to support 600mm at lower shutter speed. We can add another vertical rail to strength it though.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Thanks Nick, I'll look into getting those parts then. You are correct, normally I wouldn't need that much reach for a mosaic, but this is for a specialized project. : ) Love, love my NN btw! I was trying to do an motorized method and this is so much better and faster, at least too me.
    Users Country Flag

If you have a project that NN can have an edge over other products, I can make you special parts to support your project. :-)

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.