Sirui P-424S Monopod

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sirui P-424S Monopod

Share/Bookmark
  1. Sirui P-424S Monopod

I've been shooting with a Sirui P-424S monopod and both R1/Rokinon 8mm and RS-1/Nikkor 16mm for a couple of months now, and have been getting great results, so I thought I'd share with the group.

In both cases, I'm also using RD5/EZ-Leveler II/Quick Mount Mini.

What's cool about this particular monopod is that it has feet that are wide and stable enough to hold the pod upright on level ground. (no, I wouldn't normally get further away than arm's length unless I was taking a shot of the setup!) Fully extended, the camera sits just over 6 feet in the air as seen in the attached image. The best part though, is that the feet are small enough that they don't show in the Nadir - they're entirely covered by the base/rotator/leveler, so there's only a very small Nadir patch to deal with.

Oh, and the base detaches to become a very low profile tripod if you ever need to get really close to the ground, table or whatever surface you're on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	1149  

Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you try panning feature of monopod? If it is folded and if you remove the base, what is the length of monopod?

The panning feature is very smooth, but not dampened in any way.

I left out a couple of things:

The feet fold up and out of the way so they don't necessarily need to be removed.
    Max length is 74.5"
    It has a ball joint at the bottom that can be locked or unlocked.
    With the feet extended, the base rests fairly comfortably against your thigh or hip and makes a nice handheld jib for shooting over railings, etc.

Here's a product page:

http://en.zssirui.com/productshow.php?pid=144

Thanks for the link. Without removable feet and the monopod is filded, what is the lens of the monopod?

Quote Originally Posted by wilco23 View Post
    Thanks for the link. Without removable feet and the monopod is filded, what is the lens of the monopod?
    26 3/8 inches
+ Reply to Thread