Setup help needed with Canon 5D Mk 2 and 24-105mm

Thread: Setup help needed with Canon 5D Mk 2 and 24-105mm

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Setup help needed with Canon 5D Mk 2 and 24-105mm

Hi Guys,

I hope one of you can help me determine the correct setup for my Nodal Ninja 3 Panno with my camera and lenses. I have seen there is a setup guide under 'Settings, Tools and Tutorials' for the 5D and my lenses which are:

Canon EF 17-40mm F4
    Canon EF 24-105mm F4
    Canon EF 70-200mm F4
    Canon EF 50mm F1.4

GREAT guide with settings based on focal lengths but it refers to NN5/4 setup which I as written don't have, I hope some of you have maybe a modified setup guide for the NN3?

Help and advice greatly appreciate with BIG THANKS :)

/Mike

If you look carefully at all the figures in the settings guide, you will see that for a 5D, all the NN5/NN4 "A" settings are the same for all lenses. Likewise, the NN3 "A" settings for all lenses are the same, but different to those for the NN4/NN5. The "B" setting for a particular lens on NN4/NN5 is the same as the "B" setting for the same lens on NN3. Armed with that information, you should be able to easily work out the settings you require. Do a standard check for parallax to verify your settings.

John

Thanks John, I appreciate you guidance. Maybe I've misunderstood the setting guide as I would think like you point out, that the settings are the same for NN3 and NN4/5. I will do some tests - which is always fun :)

Cheers