Suggestions for new lens - currently using 400D and 60D w/ Tamron 17-50

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for new lens - currently using 400D and 60D w/ Tamron 17-50

Share/Bookmark
  1. Suggestions for new lens - currently using 400D and 60D w/ Tamron 17-50

Question

Hey everyone

I have been making some half decent 360s with my NN3 MKII and 400D w/17-50 lens, but I want to try and "up my game" a little, so I would like some suggestions on what lens to purchase to use with both my camera bodies and my NN3.

Cheers

p.s. budget would be <£400 but I would also like to know if there is a particular lens that people would recommend - and also avoid!
    Last edited by teasmaid; 03-17-2014 at 07:09 AM. Reason: added more
    Users Country Flag

Hi, there a Sigma 15mm lens on ebay. 28 min left:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sigma-EX-1...-/321349040268

New price is around 595 Pounds

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...m=321349040268

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 03-17-2014 at 08:42 AM.

So you would recommend the Sigma 15mm?

A 15mm fisheye is not normally recommended for APS-C cameras; it's mostly used on fullframe cameras. Of course, a lot depends on quite what you mean by wanting to "up your game". The 15mm fisheye can certainly be used but it will give you a smaller stitched panorama, albeit with around half as many shots as for your 17mm lens. The Tokina 10-17mm fisheye would be more versatile and is worth considering.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    A 15mm fisheye is not normally recommended for APS-C cameras; it's mostly used on fullframe cameras. Of course, a lot depends on quite what you mean by wanting to "up your game". The 15mm fisheye can certainly be used but it will give you a smaller stitched panorama, albeit with around half as many shots as for your 17mm lens. The Tokina 10-17mm fisheye would be more versatile and is worth considering.

John
    Thanks John. By upping my game I mean producing better 360s in a much quicker time. A fisheye would allow me to produce them quicker, but will quality suffer? I did look at the Tokina, but I have also read on the forums that this lens isn't a particular favourite to use.
+ Reply to Thread