Universal stop plate discontinued?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Universal stop plate discontinued?

Share/Bookmark
  1. Universal stop plate discontinued?

    #1

    I'm about to order an additional lens ring for use with my RS-1 and was planning to also purchase a universal stop plate for it. I don't see it in the store - has it been discontinued?
  2. #2
  3. #3

    Thanks Heinz, but that's not what I was referring to. I meant the plate referred to in the third post of this thread:

    http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/show...sal+stop+plate

    it's has a slot with nylon inserts that allow the stop position to be customized. I have one in the ring on my Nikkor 16mm and wanted another for the ring I plan to buy for the Sigma 8mm.
  4. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by mosleyh View Post
    it's has a slot with nylon inserts that allow the stop position to be customized. I have one in the ring on my Nikkor 16mm and wanted another for the ring I plan to buy for the Sigma 8mm.
    They are currently missing in store, I sent a notice at Bill to add them back in store ;)



    French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
  5. #5
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Netherlands
    Posts: 1,741

    Hi Mos,

    I'd prefer the shaved Nikkor 10.5 over the Sigma 8mm. I own both and I shaved my 10.5 because I've been disappointed with the Sigma. It tend's to get soft very early and the quality of the pics is not what I liked. .Specially at f 8 or f11. But this is my personal feeling.

    http://www.photozone.de/nikon--nikko...report?start=2

    Read the first comment :http://www.adorama.com/SG835EOS.html...ce=rflaid68021

    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 03-03-2014 at 10:33 AM.
  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Hi Mos,

    I'd prefer the shaved Nikkor 10.5 over the Sigma 8mm. I own both and I shaved my 10.5 because I've been disappointed with the Sigma. It tend's to get soft very early and the quality of the pics is not what I liked. .Specially at f 8 or f11. But this is my personal feeling.

    http://www.photozone.de/nikon--nikko...report?start=2

    Read the first comment :http://www.adorama.com/SG835EOS.html...ce=rflaid68021

    Heinz
    My mistake!!

    It's a Rokinon 8mm - the new one with the nikon chip and removeable hood. Not sure why I typed Sigma.
  7. #7
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,442

    We are finishing the tool to make custom rails stops. That will be more neat than the universal one. It will be available by the end of this month. If you provide the settings, you can ask reseller to custom make it for you.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  8. #8

    We have updated the current line up of stop plates - see bottom of page at http://shop.nodalninja.com/accessories-parts-1/
  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    We have updated the current line up of stop plates - see bottom of page at http://shop.nodalninja.com/accessories-parts-1/
    Thanks Bill. Will there be an adjustable for LRP40 - Samyang 8mm Nikon Mount?
  10. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by mosleyh View Post
    Thanks Bill. Will there be an adjustable for LRP40 - Samyang 8mm Nikon Mount?
    I'll let Nick answer this one.....
  11. #11
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,442

    yes, I made for all LRP models. But I think the new one will be much better.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  12. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    We are finishing the tool to make custom rails stops. That will be more neat than the universal one. It will be available by the end of this month. If you provide the settings, you can ask reseller to custom make it for you.

    Nick
    Any updates on when this will be available from Nodal Ninja US?
  13. #13
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,442

    getting everything together now. Some final quality assurance. Do you have R1 or R10?

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  14. #14
+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts