NN5 + 7d + Tokina10-17 settings

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NN5 + 7d + Tokina10-17 settings

Share/Bookmark

Ah ok so i use the lens settings tab to specify non-global parameters for my nadir shots then make sure fov is ticked in the optimiser advanced tab for those shots, then run the optimiser and align again.
    Great, can't to try (with fingers crossed!).
    Listen, i really appreciate your input. You guys have really gone out of your way to help. You've really helped me through a glut in my learning curve and i am excited to put it into practice and develop my pano skills. I will remember to re-pay the favour by helping someone else in the future. :)
    J
    Users Country Flag

We will be glad to see your results.

Pleasure.And good luck,

Heinz

BTW:in "Image parameters" in the last third to the right you find"Blend Priority". Normally this is set to 100. You can change this to 50 or even 25. This is the amount of percentage which is taken of the image during the stitching. It is reduced like a circle form the outside to the inside. If you have difficulties, you can try to reduce it to avoid stitching errors.
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 12-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    BTW:in "Image parameters" in the last third to the right you find"Blend Priority". Normally this is set to 100. You can change this to 50 or even 25. This is the amount of percentage which is taken of the image during the stitching.
    This is not really how it works. The numbers aren't actually percentage values. Joost said elsewhere:
    "The blend priority just assigns a certain weight to each image in the blending process. This doesn't directly translate to the locations of the seams, this depends on the other overlapping images, the lens settings and the panorama projection.

If you want more control over the seam position, don't use blend priority but instead use masking. If you enable the 'show seams' button in the panorama editor you see where the seams will be placed."

There's further guidance provided in the "Help for this screen" when the Image Parameters tab is active. Notwithstanding all this, the general point is true: you can reduce the blend priority of the nadir image in order to use less of it in the blending. Just try different values until satisfied with the result.

John
+ Reply to Thread