desk / table top mount

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: desk / table top mount

Share/Bookmark
  1. desk / table top mount

Hello,

I'm shooting some 1/6 scale model sets and need to get my NN4 down onto the floors of the sets for collecting IBL data.

I was wondering if anyone has ever found or created a table stand for their Nodal Ninja ? .. my plan was to rig something up with the EZ leveller bolted to a small slab of metal.

But I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has done this before.

cheers
    ben
    Users Country Flag

Hi Ben,

I use several different small tables to shoot my pics. I bought a board and placed legs below it to get a table. Legs are 30cm long. Place the "table" on top of a normal table. I use my camera on the tripod so I can shoot horizontally or from above. In case I need to shoot an NN panohead, I use 3/8" screw going through a board to fix the panohead. I use several backgrounds to be placed on top of the screw.

You have to cut a hole for 3/8" screw to cut the thread afterwards and then use the thread burr to drill the threads into the board. Then you can screw the bolt through the board to fix the panohead. Use a board that's around 20mm thickness.

An example: Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5898.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1075

Feel free to ask,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 11-06-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks Heinz,

Unfortunately this arrangement wouldn't work for my case. I'm shooting for HDR data inside a set, so I can't move to alter the set itself. I'm going to look into mounting the ez leveller to something like these dumbbell plates: http://images.monstermarketplace.com...al-703x754.jpg

thanks
    ben
    Users Country Flag

Shot with my NN3 mounted directly to a piece of sheet metal.

http://www.dlsphoto.net/Turtles/Turtles.html
+ Reply to Thread