Stop plates for Lower Rail?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stop plates for Lower Rail?

Share/Bookmark
  1. Stop plates for Lower Rail?

Hi
    I was wondering if there was any kind of stop plate available that I could attach to the Lower Rail so that when I re-assemble I don't have to set the Lower Rail setting. At the moment I just unfasten the vertical rail assembly (above the nadir adapter) and transport with the Lower Rail attached to my tripod, but having a kind of stop plate would be better for me. I currently am shooting in the dark so it would be easier to just connect at the location rather than fiddle with a torch.
    Thank
    John
    p.s. I don't really need one for the upper rail because I just loosen the upper rotator and it folds nicely away, keeping my URS, providing I use the same lens.
    Users Country Flag

Hi John,

get these and you will be happy: http://shop.nodalninja.com/stop-plat...yle-2ea-f2106/
    Cheers,
    Heinz
    Users Country Flag

We will be releasing integrated stop plates for M1/2 and R1/10 very soon. One set free to all customers! We are making a tool to easily make a stop by end users or resellers. Each reseller will have one set so that customers have access to new stops easily.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	integrated_rail-stop1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1074

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Thanks Nick and Heinz
    Have just ordered a set from Red Door, do they fit over or under the lower rail Heinz?. Integrated stop plate sounds interesting, will I have to contact my reseller to get mine?
    Thanks again
    John
    Last edited by Johnytuono; 11-04-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnytuono View Post
    Thanks Nick and Heinz
    Have just ordered a set from Red Door, do they fit over or under the lower rail Heinz?. Integrated stop plate sounds interesting, will I have to contact my reseller to get mine?
    Thanks again
    John
    the stop plate clamp to any Arca Style dovetail.
    When the integrated stop plate becomes available, we will announce in the website and forum.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Well, my 2 stop plates arrived today and am really pleased with how they make putting together my panohead a doddle. I put 2 together on the same rail to add a bit of extra security ( the upper assembly folds neatly without taking it apart). Such a simple thing makes a huge difference and I would advise anyone to buy a set.
    Thanks Nick, Heinz and all at Red Door (my local supplier in the UK, who are excellent btw) !
    John
+ Reply to Thread