Camera Plate Arca-Swiss Style CP-S1

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camera Plate Arca-Swiss Style CP-S1

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Camera Plate Arca-Swiss Style CP-S1

Several forum postings say that the Camera Plate Arca-Swiss Style CP-S1, along with the Arca-Swiss Style Quick Release Clamp (F2105), provide a solid, aligned connection between NN3 MkII and a Sony Nex-5. Will these adapters also work with a Sony NEX-6?

I also read that a ring lens clamp can be made for the NN3 MkII, for about $109. Might that be a more solid connection, and is such an adapter possible?

Thanks,

Joe
    Users Country Flag

CP-S1 is only for Nex 5 and 5N, which has uneven base.
    http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/...tem-camera.jpg

for Lens ring, what lens are using attempting to adapt?

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

I've done well with my Canon G12 and my NN3 Mk II. Only problem is number of shots for widest zoom, 28mm, to make spherical projection. 34 shots, 102 for HDR. I want a camera with interchangeable lenses, and a fisheye. The Web site used to have an all-in-one bundle for this that included a Sony NEX-3, Rokinon 8mm fisheye, NN R1 tripod head. I thought I'd go with an NEX-5N or NEX-6, same Rokinon lens, and use my NN3 Mk II.

So for the NEX-5N, I'd need the CP-S1, but I would not need that adapter for the NEX-6? In either case, is the camera/NN connection solid and able to be accurately aligned? If not, the ring sounds better. The lens weighs more that the camera, putting lots of pull on the tripod attachment.
    Users Country Flag

Yes, the CP-S1 is a solid connection and is aligned, thanks to the rim, precisely rectangular. To connect it to NN3, you have to get the arca style clamp as well: http://shop.nodalninja.com/arca-swis...e-clamp-f2105/

You have to tell us which lens you want to use to tell you if there is a ring available. But be sure, Nodal Ninja parts are designed safe to bear the weight they have to take. BTW, you can not mount a lens ring to your NN3. You have to get another panohead, R1/R10 or RS-1 for example.

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 10-21-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    Users Country Flag

The best combo for your target gear is an RS1 with lens ring mount for Rokinon/ Samyang 8mm F2.8. You can convert your NN3 by using this kit.
    http://shop.nodalninja.com/rs-1-uppe...-assembly-kit/
    Because the Rokinon/ Samyang 8mm F2.8 is such a small lens, it does not fit on NN3 upper rail with lens ring attached. You need a RS1 upper rotator clamp.

I am working on an adapter mount for Samyang 7.5mm on Nex, which can complete the sphere with 3-4 shots. You may want to wait for the release if you want something more compact and simpler.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Thanks for your input, Heinz and Nick. Not only are NN products thoroughly thought out and under constant development, your support via this forum is tops!

Can I use my NN3 MkII's rotator, lower rail, and vertical rail, and buy the upper rotator kit referenced and a lens ring clamp to configure an appropriate pano head for the Samyang 8mm F2.8/NEX-6 setup? Or is just buying the RS-1 a better idea?

Thanks,

Joe
+ Reply to Thread