NNP for Samyang 8mm X-mount and R1

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NNP for Samyang 8mm X-mount and R1

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. NNP for Samyang 8mm X-mount and R1

Hi all,

I just got my new R1 ultimate setup for the Fuji X and Samyang 8mm, does anyone have the NNP information? I am finding the documentation to be sparse and it obviously has not been updated for a long time. I was hoping to save some time.

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi

I used the laser pointer method to find the "nodel Point" for my Samyang 8mm F2.8 fisheye mounted in a F6223 (Fuji X mount) ring.

When measured at 45 degrees from the optical axis (4 shots around) the "nodal point" was 3.

Quote Originally Posted by m.waite View Post
    Hi

I used the laser pointer method to find the "nodel Point" for my Samyang 8mm F2.8 fisheye mounted in a F6223 (Fuji X mount) ring.

When measured at 45 degrees from the optical axis (4 shots around) the "nodal point" was 3.
    Thanks a lot, this is about what I found out too, so that is nice to see that I was at least in the ball park.

John, thanks for the link.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by apsphoto View Post
    I was hoping to save some time.
    Well it only takes 10 minutes or so to set up the R1, but the setting does depend not only on the number of shots around but also on the tilt setting. See http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm

John
    Last edited by John Houghton; 10-18-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Insert correct link
    Users Country Flag

Hi John,

I see a question mark instead of your link,

Heinz

Heinz, Thanks. I clicked the wrong icon and inadvertently created a link to an image. Now corrected.

John
+ Reply to Thread