Fuji X-series and Samyang 8mm

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuji X-series and Samyang 8mm

Share/Bookmark
  1. Fuji X-series and Samyang 8mm

Hi all,

I am considering getting the R1 to use my Fuji X-Pro1 and Samyang 8mm for some VR panos. A couple of questions that I have and I have searched the forums and looked at the manual.

Due to the small lens size is the aperture ring still usable? it looks like it might get covered. How many shots do people use with 60 degree camera rotation? How usable is the nadir/zenith adpater? I am assuming the focus ring is not covered and usable.

I would love to hear from anyone else using this combo. Thanks.

Best,
    Alan
    Users Country Flag

Yes, the ring cover the aperture ring. But for pano making, most people fix the aperture at sharpest setting with enough DOF, mostly F8-F11. if you are making out door panos, you can easily patch the zenith and nadir with shots not at NPP. If you want to have smaller Z/N hole, you can roll the camera by about 30 deg where the diagonal of sensor is vertical. You need to take 6 shots around+ Z&N. You acn use 8 shots around if you use 30 deg roll to make the Z&N even smaller.
    zenith nadir adapter will help you take steady Z&N shots, which you can take handheld if there is enough light.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread