16mm lens on M1-L

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 16mm lens on M1-L

Share/Bookmark
  1. 16mm lens on M1-L

Hi
    I have just purchased a Nikon 16mm and was wondering if there was a lens mount available that would just fit onto the upper rotator clamp? Nikon D800 btw.
    Thanks
    John
    Last edited by Johnytuono; 09-21-2013 at 11:08 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Hi John,

http://shop.nodalninja.com/ultimate-...ng-clamp-ring/

Choose for Nikon AF 16mm F 6204

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 09-21-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Hi
    Thanks for that Heinz............so I just attach this to my lens and move the lower and upper rails to find the NPP point as per normal.
    Thanks
    John
    Last edited by Johnytuono; 09-22-2013 at 03:22 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Hi John,

You have to find your LRS only once. Then you have to check URS for the rest of the settings with other lenses.

Managed to get a tel number of your UK Post today I could call from NL. I gave them the right Post-code. So you should get the new screw the next days. It is already at your post office. Sorry for delay.

I managed to get a D800 and went for the settings of fisheye and prime lenses.

I'll set them to another thread. Mine are slightely different from yours for 14-24 @ zoom 14. Have a look.
    Heinz

Heinz

Hi Heinz.......funny you should say that about the 14-24mm....I re-tested (before you put your results up) and came to the figure of 157.5..so not too far away. After testing my newly acquired 16mm, I got to the figure of 101mm. My Lower Rail is on the Nadir adapter the other way round from yours and is at 135mm, although this is tested by me pointing the camera straight down and aligning with the mark on the clamp, and then looking in Photoshop at the result......so I don't know if this is the correct way to do it.
    Would like to know what setting you get to on the Lower Rail with it 'turned' the other way round on the adapter.
    I replied in the other thread about the screw........thanks, received it today.
    Thanks for your (and everyones) continued help.
    John
    Users Country Flag

Settings are critical because of two different ways to mount the vertical rail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7139.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1047Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5898.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1048Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7132.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1049

You can realized, that the vertical rail has slightly different position on the lower rail. Mounted without Nadir Adapter, flat side showing to end of rail and moved to the end ends up in a different rail position compared to the vertical rail mounted to Nadir Adapter / Extender with flat side to show to the bubble.

The Upper Rotator is mounted to different sides of the vertical rail as well.

That's why we might get different results.

Heinz
+ Reply to Thread