Clamp knob hitting lower rail
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clamp knob hitting lower rail

Share/Bookmark

Hi Heinz
    Thanks very much for this.....I have emailed you before I saw this posting.......if that's not ok please let me know. Are the screws and brass tubing readily available or specially made?
    Thanks again.
    John
    Last edited by Johnytuono; 09-02-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Hi John,

The screws have been readily available in a special store : fabory, where I get my BSW threads as well. The brass tube is a ready made one, 6mm standard but you have to cut it to length with a tube cutting instrument. First you have to fit the tube to let the screw go through. Then you have to make them go through the hole in the lower rail by grinding them down with 260 paper to fit the hole.

I'll send the screws and the plate tomorrow. I think this is the quickest and easiest way to solve the problem. It is specially hard alloy I used. May be Nick can make a copy for everyone in case there is a question for this spacer.

Pleasure to help you, this is a special part of Nodal Ninja Fanotec service.-)

Heinz.

Thanks again Heinz and Fanotec!
    John
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Hi John,

May be Nick can make a copy for everyone in case there is a question for this spacer.
    yes, I will make some and keep them in stock.
    I have shortened a knob too. Maybe that will be the standard in the future.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Thx to you Nick,
    we all are happy with your engagement to the questions of customers.

Heinz
    Users Country Flag

Hi folks,

The latest version of the Nadir Adapter uses a 1/4" BSW thread screw for the third screw in place of 5mm diameter one. This one has to be adapted to the rail.
    Just to let you know. I was surprised, because John asked me about this screw and that it won't fit. The new one is on it's way.

@Nick, there is a question for another spacer. How can it be ordered? Thx.

Heinz
    Users Country Flag

so i guess there is no point iin me ordering a nadir adapter for my 14-24 at this point then, what a kerfuffle.

Kidraver...even with the camera not fully pointed up, a zenith shot is still possible.....it's just that I'm a perfectionist lol. Also, as mentioned earlier by Heinz, a temporary measure is to increase the distance of the upper rail for the zenith shot. For what it's worth, i took a zenith shot at least 15 degrees out and it still stitched.
    John
    Users Country Flag

Nice one, thanks for that, bit of clarity never 'urt anyone, i am actually fascinated to see how a large spherical shot with a bigger lens looks without a nadir and a zenith, probably crap, lol.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnytuono View Post
    Kidraver...even with the camera not fully pointed up, a zenith shot is still possible.....it's just that I'm a perfectionist lol. Also, as mentioned earlier by Heinz, a temporary measure is to increase the distance of the upper rail for the zenith shot. For what it's worth, i took a zenith shot at least 15 degrees out and it still stitched.
    John
    Hi John,

For a high quality lens like the 14-24 mm, I guess whether you take the zenith shot at +90 deg or +75 deg, you won't see any difference. In fact sometimes, it helps to take a "zenth" shot at a lower angle to include more features to link the other images.
    Anyhow, we are making the spacer for the nadir adapter and will be offered at a very low price.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.