Vtour/ panorama underwater and in the sky?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vtour/ panorama underwater and in the sky?

Share/Bookmark
  1. Vtour/ panorama underwater and in the sky?

Users Country Flag

Hello,

Curious but could someone enlighten me how some people are able to do vtours underwater and while in the air.

As a diver and a sky enthusiast, I would really like to try this out some day.

There is special equipment no doubt esp. for underwater (dive housing, pano head, etc), but with airplanes, is it possible to shoot a panorama from outside a Cessna 172?

All sorts of questions are coming... is the camera mounted to the wing, is it more than one camera, etc.

Also, I remember seeing a pano shot that seems to be have been taken from midair. How do they do that?

As I'm learning pano photography, there's a lot of cool stuff to learn. Pretty neat stuff!

Thanks for reading.
    Users Country Flag

I can only give you a hint for air panos. You can not mount the panohead on to the wing, because you have to reach it to go to the next clickstop. You have to use a pole to get the panohead through a window or a door to the outside.

Heinz
    Users Country Flag

I'm thinking maybe a remote control to take the shot.

When you say poles... are you referring to the carbon fiber poles on the website?
    Users Country Flag

Yes, when I remember well, Vincen from SkiVR has done it from an helikopter.

Heinz
+ Reply to Thread