Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5D Mark II with the 16-35 F2.8L II

Share/Bookmark
  1. 5D Mark II with the 16-35 F2.8L II

Users Country Flag

Hello everyone,

New user here.

I just wanted to know if anyone has any luck using the Canon 5D Mark 2 and the 16-35 ultra wide lens with the NN4.

I've done the grid test and thought I got it down. However, for some odd reason, I get still get very minor parallax which is visible when testing in tight spaces.

Not a big issue since it can be corrected with editing software but it is making me wonder if there is such thing as 100% free parralax error. I want things to be perfect.

All I want to do is take pictures and not spend too much time in front of a screen.

You might try alternative ways of setting up the panohead. It's certainly true that many real-world rectlinear lenses don't have an entrance pupil located at a single point. Michel Thoby wrote a paper pointing this out some time ago at: http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Fisheye_...al_lenses.html . Whether your particular lens has issues in this area I cannot say, but we cope well enough with fisheye lenses, so it is probably possible to get a good stitch with it.

John
    Users Country Flag

Hello John,

Thanks for the informative reply. I'm still learning and testing all this stuff and it seems that depending on the stitching software you use, the parallax can be corrected to a certain extent. Although I'm not absolute if stitching software is the answer to these problems, it still offers a workaround for these types of situations
+ Reply to Thread