R1 or RS-1 on a Series 2 Pole
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R1 or RS-1 on a Series 2 Pole

Share/Bookmark

Yes nick I'm in Sudan, I'm honored to be first NN Sudanese customer and may be the only one so far , we do not have NN dealers here, i had and still i have to make my orders from your online store only that is why lools so careful and asking a lot of questions when it comes to order my required tools , I'm really feeling confused and i have difficulty to decide which options you have provided to choose for my intended use ( 360 car interiors + landscape on travel pole). Since i have won M1 pano head + RD16-II , the lightness and compactness are my priory now in addition to the budget constrain.
    the R1 is out of equation now because of the difficulty in using it with the nadir adapter as u have mentioned, the two remaining option are
    1- RS1 (without lower rotator) on RD16 with Quick Mount Mini adapter system, may be this compo is more sturdier and can hold my D800 conveniently, i have no problem to order 2 QMM adapter, the other one to attach RD16 at the bottom of the travel pole if I'm correct.
    2- NN3 MKII (without lower rotator)+RD16 to NN3 Kit, this a good budget option for me because it will save me buying the lens ring but I'm worried about some issues, firstly the D800 is at the heavy end for NN3 and i should make sure that i will get the NN3 with the new replaced friction disk , i do not know if this will be available in your online shop, shall i order this part to have it as spare (http://shop.nodalninja.com/plastic-r...ashers-f9202)?, secondly the upper rail is not long enough to give enough room for zenith and and nadir shots, some have advised that attaching nadir adapter will solve this problem, but using D800 onnadir adapter will set a lot of torque to the equipment. I'm not sure these concerns are also applicable to the RS1, i have concluded those concerns from some old threads in the forum http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/show...n-%28Newbie%29 , may be by now these issues are solved and no longer exist and i can use NN3 safely and properly with my D800.
    i hope i have not confused you with my bad English nick.
    Last edited by Egami; 08-06-2014 at 04:28 PM.

If you're planning to do car interiors with a D800, you should be sure to look at Aviator's thread here:

http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/show...ex-Nadir-Views

He's doing helicopter interiors with a D800/RS-1/2?Nikkor 16mm
  3. http://shop.nodalninja.com/nn3-upper-rotator-rubber-compression-washer-f3128/

Last edited by Egami; 08-06-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks mosleyh...this looks very interesting, i will give it good read
    Users Country Flag

Egami,

NN3II and RS1 has same capability. If budget is not an issue, go for lens ring and RS1, especially when you have M1. QM Mini is good for tripod adapter.
    Just make sure to ask store to check the friction disk is up to date. Some old stock may still have the old one installed. New one is brown in color.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Egami,

Just make sure to ask store to check the friction disk is up to date. Some old stock may still have the old one installed. New one is brown in color.

Nick
    you mean i should write this in the Order Instructions/Comments window of the checkout page ?
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Egami View Post
    you mean i should write this in the Order Instructions/Comments window of the checkout page ?
    good idea!

Fanotec

To recap things up, the items i will be ordering as follows,
    1- Travel Pole (F7201)
    2- Pole Foot Plate (F7155)
    3- Tripod Adapter for Travel Pole (F7306)
    4- NN RS-1 No Lower Rotator (F9701) , i will use my RD16 , in the Order Instructions/Comments section i will make sure to ask specifically for the one with the updated friction disk to insure that my D800+Sigma 15mm will be supported securely
    5- Ultimate R1/R10 Lens Ring for Sigma 8mm & 15mm Nikon & Pentax Mount
    6- Quick Mount Mini Adapter System (F7154) , i will order two
    7-Nadir Adapter for NN3 NN4 NN5 (F9125)
    8-Advanced Rotator RD8 RD16 to R1 R10 Adapter Kit (F1159) in case i want to use RD16 at the bottom/lower end of the pole

if I'm missing or duplicating something please let me know

is the NN 4/5 Flash Adapter fit with M1 head ?
    Users Country Flag

8-Advanced Rotator RD8 RD16 to R1 R10 Adapter Kit (F1159) in case i want to use RD16 at the bottom/lower end of the pole
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    no needed

is the NN 4/5 Flash Adapter fit with M1 head ?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    No.

Fanotec

hello again nick
    Are pole rotators can work/fit with travel pole tripod adapter instead of advanced rotators, if yes how?
    Users Country Flag

pole rotator is made for poles. It has stronger detent plunger. It is fixed to the tripod adapter with 2 screws at the base. Pole is mounted by 3/8" thread.

Nick

Fanotec