Exceeding recommended max load of series 2 pole set

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exceeding recommended max load of series 2 pole set

Share/Bookmark
  1. Exceeding recommended max load of series 2 pole set

I know that the max recommended load of the series 2 pole at full extension is 2kg. Can someone with experience tell me approximately how high I could safely extend the series 2 pole set with 2.5kg load?
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mosleyh View Post
    I know that the max recommended load of the series 2 pole at full extension is 2kg. Can someone with experience tell me approximately how high I could safely extend the series 2 pole set with 2.5kg load?
    you can increase the loading
    by reducing the max extension. Reduce the extension of the 3 smallest tubes.
    by using guy wire system which I am going to release next month.

2kg is my personal recommended where I fill the stability is good enough. The pole will surely support much more weight without damaging.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Hey guys increasing the maximum payload for the POLES series 2 or creating a new POLE Series that can handle more weight but remain fully extended at at least 19' high SHOULD BE ON YOUR PRODUCTION ROADMAP. I have several clients who have repeatedly requested elevated Gigapixel panoramas. The only robotic unit currently that can shoot a full sphere while relatively lightweight is the Seitz Roundshot, however without a camera it already exceeds the recommended payload at 2.7 kg. Panoramic photographers are still using the pole series , not at full extension but are risking their equipment. Here's an image showing the roundshot, a Nodal Ninja Fanotec pole with DSLR up top: http://instagram.com/p/f73BiWQELh/ Obviously way over the payload limit.
+ Reply to Thread