NN3 + D7000 + Samyang 8mm

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN3 + D7000 + Samyang 8mm

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN3 + D7000 + Samyang 8mm

Hey guys, im having a hard time finding the no parallex point, i have a NN3 MKII and a d7000 with a Samyang 8mm lens. Anyone knows the LRS and URS on the NN3 with d7000 and samyang 8mm??

Thankss

Thomas, You should find all the details you need at http://wiki.panotools.org/Entrance_Pupil_Database. You should take some test shots to check for parallax in order to verify your settings. See also http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm.

John

Thomas,

Have you found it? I wonder if the camera (+ lens) fits the NN3 MKII.

I'm looking at a Nikon D7100 and wonder if it'll fit my NN3 MII, that's why. Anyone? ;)

Greetings,
    Users Country Flag

What lenses do you want to use with it?

Heinz

a Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye MC Nikon CS-II
    Users Country Flag

Hi,

Your URS should be around 90. http://wiki.panotools.org/Entrance_Pupil_Database

URS = L1 + L2

Yes, NN3 will fit your camera.

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 09-03-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Tried calibrating it.

The lower arm seems to be ok more or less, giving almost a circle and no saw teeth with the known calibration method.

It seems the upper arm needs to be further than 9.5 which i cannot reach with the standard plate, though I'm not sure :). A object further away shifts away a bit, compared to an object nearby and shooting the object left and right in the photo. I have a T20 so I can use it to test if it's really further than 9.5. Will keep you posted.
    Users Country Flag

I've checked my database with D7000 :

NN3 D7000 Samyang 8mm LRS = 56 without Nadir Adapter, URS = 93

I do not understand why you can not reach an URS of 95. With CP-2, I reached up to 106.5. The base plate of the CP-2 can be mounted to the top plate in two ways: short side to the end of rail and long side to the end of rail. The white marks divides it by 1/3 to 2/3. So you have to mount the short side of CP-2 to the end of rail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7097.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1041Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7098.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1040

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 09-06-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Will check! Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Managed to install CP-2 and do some calibrating.

Now again on the lower rail, check this picture:

http://postimg.org/image/h1j8wzqwl/

No visible saw teeth so should be ok? It's not a perfect circle though.

Now look at the tiles. The stitching is pretty bad. Any suggestions?
    Users Country Flag

Do it again and focus to the corner of rotator. At the bottom you see a little notch so you might have to go 0.5 mm to the left. After this re check your URS.

Heinz

Try this test: take two nadir shots, rotating the head through 180 degrees for the second. Stitch them in PTGui with control points only on the floor. Generate a rectilinear layered PSD file and view in Photoshop, with the opacity of the top layer set to 50%. This will reveal any problems with the lateral position and also with the mount of the camera to the upper rail. The centre point of the knob should be aligned in the two images. The example below shows a small misalignment. The scale markings on the rail can be used to estimate any correction needed:

(The papers scattered on the floor were there for control point purposes).

Don't spend hours over the setup. Be realistic: a 1mm alignment error will not generally prevent your panoramas stitching perfectly well. Remember that parallax cannot be perfectly eliminated for a fisheye lens because the entrance pupil is not located at a single point. Any minor problems at the nadir itself will in any case be covered over by the nadir patch.

John
+ Reply to Thread