Spherical panoramas with a 5DMII and a 24mm f/1.4

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spherical panoramas with a 5DMII and a 24mm f/1.4

Share/Bookmark
  1. Spherical panoramas with a 5DMII and a 24mm f/1.4

Hi !

I'm still a bit lost after reading a lot of threads, and I want to make sure I make the right choice of gear.

I want to shoot spherical panoramas with my 5D Mark II and a Canon 24mm f/1.4 lens, strictly indoors. Will the NN3 MKII Starter Package be a good choice for that ? I still don't understand if I need a rotator or something else than this package and my tripod.

Thanks for the help
    Users Country Flag

why do you want to use a 24mm lens for spherical? Because you want high resolution or just because you have the lens?
    it will require 29 shots to cover the sphere.
    N, 9 images every 40° at -50° pitch, 9 images every 40° at 0° pitch, 9 images every 40° at +50° pitch, Z
    The lens and camera is quite heavy, I recommend more robust pano head such as NN4 and M1 for indoor use.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Actually I thought it would be the best choice among my lenses, for its optical quality and angle, but maybe I'm wrong ! My other lenses : 35 f/2, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 f/2.8. What do you think ?

I just looked at the M1 series, very tempting but definitely out of my price range :D
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by raigo1 View Post
    Actually I thought it would be the best choice among my lenses, for its optical quality and angle, but maybe I'm wrong ! My other lenses : 35 f/2, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 f/2.8. What do you think ?

I just looked at the M1 series, very tempting but definitely out of my price range :D
    Well, 24mm is definitely better than the rest. :-) If price is a concern, get the NN4 irregular.
    http://shop.nodalninja.com/nn4-start...regular-f9419/

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread