Should I purchase NN5 or NN4?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I purchase NN5 or NN4?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Should I purchase NN5 or NN4?

Howdy all,

Just need a bit of advice on if I should purchase a used NN5 or a new (irregular) NN4 (they are close enough in price that price is not an issue). Both are starter packages with the basic rotator. I plan on using this head for spherical panos, and plan on getting Pano2VR or something similar.

I have a 5DIII and for the time being plan on using a 16-35 2.8. But I also have longer lenses I could use.

What advantages/disadvantages are there in buying one over the other?

Thanks for the help.
    Users Country Flag

Hi,

NN5 is discontinued and it's replaced by M1-L. This would be a solution for your longer lenses. Canon 5DIII is quite an expensive camera. Am I right that money is not that issue to go for NN4? NN4 will work for the camera and the 16-35mm/f2.8.

In case you can get a NN5 and if money plays a role this will solve all your questions. I would get an RD16II with what ever rotator you choose for.

Heinz

I ended up with the NN5 and a RD16 with nadir adapter. I chose the NN5 since I was told that I'd be able to dial in the upper rotator to any degree stop, rather than being limited to specified detent angles on the 4. I got the 'irregular', and for the life of me I cannot see why it is an irregular; not a scratch, chip, dent, paint ripple or blemish. Very high quality, I'm a happy customer. Thanks NN!
+ Reply to Thread