How does one mount the R1/R10 adapter to the pole top plate?

Thread: How does one mount the R1/R10 adapter to the pole top plate?

Share/Bookmark
  1. How does one mount the R1/R10 adapter to the pole top plate?

This is probably the dumbest question this forum has seen in a while, but how does one do it? Should I remove the O-rings or should I leave them there and use the silver screws with the smallest thread diameter? If yes, how does one tighten the whole assembly, if not, how does one prevent the rotation of the R1/R10 adapter?

Also, is it possible to mount an arca-swiss clamp directly on top of the R1/R10 adapter?
    Thanks,
    Olivier
    Last edited by clickclickclick; 05-30-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    Users Country Flag

Hi,

The best way is to use the Quick Mount Mini System to mount the R1/R10 to the top. And yes, you have to use the silver screws on the clamp and take out the O rings to have a free Anti Twist System. The Anti Twist System, integrated to the whole System, will prevent it from turning around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1-R10 Head Only Quick Release Version-2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1 R10 Head Only Quick Release Version-1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	923Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1-R10 Head Only Quick Release Version-3.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	924Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1-R10 Head Only Quick Release Version-4.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	925

http://shop.nodalninja.com/quick-mou...-system-f7154/

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 05-30-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by clickclickclick View Post
    This is probably the dumbest question this forum has seen in a while, but how does one do it? Should I remove the O-rings or should I leave them there and use the silver screws with the smallest thread diameter? If yes, how does one tighten the whole assembly, if not, how does one prevent the rotation of the R1/R10 adapter?

Also, is it possible to mount an arca-swiss clamp directly on top of the R1/R10 adapter?
    Thanks,
    Olivier
    The R1/R10 pole adapter has 3/8" socket. you just mount it to the top of pole via the 3/8" male thread. You should install the o-rings to increase friction.
    If you are using the Quick Mount Mini adapter, refer to Heinz's reply.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Thanks Nick and Heinz,

You both confirmed what I had guessed. The R1/R10 pole adapter is best mounted to the pole top plate when the O-rings are there (but then there is no anti-twist function, which is undesirable). So, the Quick Mount Mini is the way to go, it's a much better design. Plus, I think I can (optionally) mount on top of the Quick Mount Mini the quick release arca-swiss clamp used for the M1 (the clamp that mounts on the RD16 is compatible with the Quick Mount Mini, right?).

Olivier
    Users Country Flag

yes, you can mount the QRC-55 on QM mini. But it enlarge the nadir footprint which is undesirable for pole.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Nick - true - but this only matters if one does spherical panos. Sometimes the pole can be used just as an elevated shooting platform for single shots, in which case it's really convenient to just clamp the camera on the pole. Hence my question regarding the QM mini and the QRC-55. It's really nice that your system is so flexible.

Olivier